Megan Racing Header and Catback system

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 08:01 PM
Default Megan Racing Header and Catback system

I have to say that it was an immediate improvement over stock header and catback. I bought my catback for 315 and my header for 140 from a local shop and it was worth it. The car seems more responsive for sure, at any speed you can accelerate faster, I should mention that I have an intake and altogether everything works well. Before the header and catback, i could feel when the car was ready to go faster when my foot was on the gas pedal and I used to wait for it to "load" up before I would step on it, but now I just do it without thinking about it and it goes at all gears. Specially on second and third i can pass cars with ease it takes off pretty fast and the sound is tuned deep and strong. It can get a bit loud sometimes when you just want to cruise along. But if you wanna go fast the sounds and vibration add to the driving experience. I give this product a ten, it has given me a need for speed. Since I installed them together I can't say which would help ur car more but I know that together it is a major improvement.

Old 06-26-2006, 10:44 PM
Default RE: Megan Racing Header and Catback system

ive had my Megan racing header for a couple months now, it works and sounds great, but I've noticed that it quickly became very goldish/bluish/purplish in color, and now even has a few spots on it. i rub it down every couple days to try and make sure its clean, but this wont go away, im starting to wonder if something is wrong with it. long story short, the header works great, but i dont know about the long run

EDIT: sorry, i failed to realize this is 7th generation and my civic is 6th generation, just wanted to clear that up, sorry :-X

Old 06-27-2006, 05:45 PM
HCF Member

Stainless steel discolors when heat is applied, there's nothing you can do about it.

Old 08-27-2006, 03:17 PM
HCF Member

What model are you running it on? Are you si, ex or lx?

Old 10-12-2006, 11:33 PM

i had the Megan Racing Header for a while too.. its changed and stopped at mica blue lol ended up heat wrapping it then i wanted more low - mid range power so i dropped it and bought the DC Sport 4-2-1 ceramic header.. if you want midrange like a good amount get the 4-2-1.. cuz with the 4-1 you lose a p*ss load of low and mid tq and hp... just like with the aem sri u lose hp rather than gain..

Anyways this is about the megan header... GREAT BUY for under 200 bucks

Old 11-08-2006, 11:37 PM
HCF Member

Hey memoz can you post pictures of your setup? And tell me what kind of civ do you have?

Do you guys have an extra header and cat?

Old 12-17-2006, 10:13 PM

Meagan racing 4-1 header for civic. Awesome buy for under 150 bucks... can tell in hp gain. not much sound increase .yet it did turn a goldish color after runing it for a few hours. off and on.. other than that awesome buy.

Old 12-18-2006, 02:15 PM
HCF Member

Post a freaking picture!

Old 12-18-2006, 02:41 PM
HCF Member

lol.

(btw, apparently someone's not so whipped anymore... lol)

Old 12-19-2006, 02:56 PM
HCF Member

Well I am dying to see what it looks like! He doesnt follow the outline for the thread and no pictures! I now can look around for just a little bit when she isnt around (which she always is around) but I can still buy car parts... mainly I just have to be efficient with my time so I just need to see a picture... I could startsaying I have a jet engine in my car and put a price on it, but no one would believe me until I post a picture of it!

Quick Reply: Megan Racing Header and Catback system