Megan Racing Header and Catback system

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 05:15 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Megan Racing Header and Catback system

I'm confused... 20lbs of what? So I need to know for sure... I can get an EX header on my LX but I will need to make sure I get a hi flow cat and then I can attach it to my aftermarket exhaust... are there any kinds of other things to know about it?

Old 02-05-2007, 06:19 PM
HCF Member

the things you need....headers that fits an ex, exhasut system to fit an ex, a new O2 sensor and you MAY WANT a hi flow cat

Old 02-08-2007, 06:24 PM

cat, who needs a cat, haven't you people on here ever heard of test pipes, let me enlighten you a little, they work really good, you can spend 500 bucks on a header and 500 bucks on a cat-back and you're still not getting full potential outta your exhaust, my buddy kept tellin me get a test pipe and you'll be impressed, and i didnt believe him until i did, best 100 bucks ive ever spent on my car

2000 Civic Si- Stock Header, custom 2.5" test pipe, magnaflow 2.5" resonator, magnaflow 2.5" muffler, all 2.5"custom bent pipe, AEM CAI, Eibach Pro-Kit springs, EBC Brakes

Old 02-08-2007, 10:28 PM
HCF Member

I need to pass emmisions when it is my car's turn... a test pipe will not do that for me. And thanks for the clarification!

Old 02-08-2007, 10:36 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: tknaub

the things you need....headers that fits an ex, exhasut system to fit an ex, a new O2 sensor and you MAY WANT a hi flow cat
Okay how do i get a hold of an O2 sensor? Where does the o2 sensor connect to? The cat?

Old 02-09-2007, 12:04 PM

ol smart one that doesnt know where his O2 sensor is, a test pipe can be removed and the factory catylitic convertor can be put back on when its time to get emmisions checked, but for you that might be a problem since you dont even know where your O2 is, and just for clarification you will probably have a O2 sensor in your header right before the cat and one in the cat and you can get a replacement at any local auto parts store or online, i wont swear to it that that is the exact locations of your O2's but they should be pretty close, seriously all you have to do is look at your exhaust and you can find them

Old 02-09-2007, 02:07 PM
HCF Member

If I knew anything about my car I wouldn't have asked. I have never worked on my car, I pay shops to do it. I own no tools and if I have not read it on the forum I dont know what it is. I'm a smart guy because I study... now I know you can take off a test pipe and put a cat back on... giving the smartass comments though are not necessary because I asked a question of where a sensor goes.

Old 02-09-2007, 03:43 PM

ive seen you all over this forum, if you have no experience of your own then who are you to be giving other people advice, ive seen posts of yours on this forum that make no sense at all, you're taking what you've read on here as fact, well let me enlighten you a little, not everything you read on a forum is correct, its peoples opinions, and for you to take another persons opinion and offer it as fact to someone who may actually need help is bull****, personally i say that if you have no real knowledge of a product or a precedure then you have no business trying to help someone else, i understand that you are trying to use this forum as a way to learn more about your car and hondas in general but do not try offer advice on something you dont know about

Old 02-15-2007, 06:06 PM
HCF Member

What the heck is your problem? All I do is pass on information I read, I DONT have knowledge in INSTALLATION because I have no tools, but I do know alot of stuff because I have spent ALOT of money and put alot of crap on my car... I know english pretty well but I guess I dont know how to type a clear difference between fact and opinion... bastard.

Anyways, I am wondering all this because I am working out a deal with WestImports to test out a header of his for my 04 LX. Before I get it I just wanted to know what else I will need to do to get it all to connect to my cat-back exhaust... you guys answered all the questions I needed to know... I'm still a little unsure about the o2 sensor but I will keep reading about it!

Old 02-17-2007, 04:22 PM
HCF Member

The Moogly you are going to need an O2 sensor for your headers....anytime you replace the headersa new O2 sensor is wise....and with the test pipe....i definately would NOT do it, if you live in a place where you need to pass emmisions or need to be CARB exepmt, the deferance between a metal hi flow cat and a test pipe is only 1 HP and 2lbs of TRQ if you need just that much loose 10 lbs off......if you have shops do your work for you,then buying a test pipe would be a costly and horrible mistake because having somebody switch out parts every yr or 2 years will add up....nuff said...

WTF is with that guy...im glad he is banned he wasa dick......

Quick Reply: Megan Racing Header and Catback system