Simota Cold Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 08:48 PM
HCF Member
Default Simota Cold Air Intake

Bought from West Imports, our Offical Vendor, for 80 dollars. Shipping was good, about 3 days i believe.

Distributor: West Imports
Product: Simota CAI
Car: 1997 Civic Cx
Price: 80 dollars
Installation: The installation went pretty well. There was no instructions but it was a simple bolt on. Took me about 45 min to install, front start to finish.
Review: I would give this product a 9/10. There is a noticeable gain in top end but not much in bottom end. has a nice sound to it, especially at WOT. All pipings were great and fit nicely together. gas mileage also improved a bit.

Now for pictures.

Old 10-04-2006, 04:46 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Simota Cold Air Intake

Did you have to take anything off to get it in? How did you secure it so it wouldnt flop around? Has it rained yet where you are? If so, how has it been running?

Can you also take one more picture of where the filter sits down in the engine bay?

Old 10-04-2006, 10:16 PM
HCF Member

well for mine i took off the stock intake and the air box then it is pretty much self explanatory. In the second picture from the bottom, you can see where it is mounted too. Yes its been raining here in sheboygan for a few days now and i drive it alot. I havent had any problems yet.

Old 10-05-2006, 05:22 PM
HCF Member

So no bumper removal? Does it sit in front of the splash guard? looks waay good.. I install it with a buddy of mine on Friday...

Old 10-05-2006, 09:48 PM
HCF Member

nope, i didnt remove my bumper. i just removed my splash gaurd and right wheel. and yes it sits in front of the splash gaurd. Dont know about your 7th gen though.

Old 10-06-2006, 02:44 PM
HCF Member

It should be the same... I am just trying to estimate how much effort it will take me to try it myself and a friend of mine... meh, I'll just pay someone to do it.

Old 10-06-2006, 02:47 PM
HCF Member

save your money and install it yourself. Its not that hard i even installed my own exhaust on a while back.

Old 10-06-2006, 03:35 PM
HCF Member

I only have a screwdriver. And I like to waive myself of liability when everything falls apart.

Old 10-08-2006, 11:53 AM

ORIGINAL: TheMoogly

I only have a screwdriver. And I like to waive myself of liability when everything falls apart.
LOL.

Thanks for the nice write-up, rice_patrol.

Old 10-08-2006, 08:27 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: TheMoogly

You only need a screwdriver and a 10mm socket. You'll realize letting somebody do it is a waste of money if you know how easy it is. Even removing the bumper is not hard.

Quick Reply: Simota Cold Air Intake