Tanabe Medalion Touring Catback

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 01:27 AM
Default Tanabe Medalion Touring Catback

System:TanabeMedalion Catback Exhaust
Included: 60mm piping from the cat back... Duh. Muffler, 100mm tip, replacement bolts and gaskets.
Price: $509.99 and $80.00 for shipping.
Bought From: Kuruma Motoring (Ebay)

Install was pretty straight forward. Put all four corners of the car up on jackstands about 2 feet off the ground. Unbolted the old one, and put up the new one. Install took about and hour and a half and about 3 beers. Only issue I had was that they included all the bolts except for the spring-loaded bolt for the cat to hook to the mid-pipe. No biggie, just had to pick them up the next day at work.

The exhaust sounds incredible. No high pitched scream like a lawn mower on crack. The best part is, when you look at the back of the car, it doesn't have this big round muffler hanging out. Tanabe took great care designing it to fit right into the exhaust curve in the bumper. And when I'm not on it, its nice and quiet. But don't let it fool you. Once I hit 3500 it just screams all the way to redline. I also felt a pretty significant change in the butt dyno. Although I don't have a real dyno just laying around to test everytime I add a part to my car, I'm sure the exhaust was good for 8-12 ponies.

Summary:

Tanabe doesn't lie when they say their Medalion exhaustis below 90db and still gives significantperformance gains. They really did a great job on this exhaust throughout. The welds are superb and the fitment was perfect. I couldn't have asked for an easier exhaust to install. Only con I have about the whole kit was that it didn't come with the spring-loaded bolts for the cat. Whoopdie. I would give this exhaust a 10/10. If your looking for an exhaust with a nice deep tone and plenty-o-power to boot. I would definatly give Tanabe's Medalion Touring a chance.

And now for what everyone is really wanting out of these reviews. SOUND!!
http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s47/schimmel03/?action=view¤t=MOV00920.flv

I know, its not a drive-by but, its all I could do. And by the way I've had this exhaust on for about 3 months now, and I'm just now getting off my *** to post a review. Shame on me... I'll do my intake review next...

Old 04-26-2007, 09:51 AM
Default RE: Tanabe Medalion Touring Catback

cool, sounds very nice too

600$