Lighting & H.I.D.'s Post here about lighting, From exterior lighting to inside lighting.

Interior LED lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 11:26 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
so stop smacking your dome light?
lol
Well it does it on it's own and when it goes dull I smack it and it will flicker bright then go dull again.

Old 01-14-2011, 06:37 PM

Anyone know the correct part for the two bulbs in the front on EKs? The ones which are activated by the switch in the headliner up front. I see they are different part numbers from Honda, so I figured the bulbs would be different.

Edit - What about the cluster twist in bulbs? Anyone have experience with them?

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 01-14-2011 at 06:47 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:56 PM
HCF Member

these are the bulbs you will need for the cluster. these are the ones that i am using in cool white color. http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...s/74-xHP3.html

i think you need 6 of them. 4 for the back of the cluster and 2 for the lights on top of the cluster.

for my cluster i also had one bulb that was this size http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b.../wled-whp6.htm . So for my cluster used one of these and 5 of the ones listed above. i'm not sure if yours has one of these bigger bulbs like mines.

also the second ones i listed can also be used for the license plate lights in the back if you are interested in that look. Those festoon bulbs that civicexracer listed can also be used for the trunk light.

Last edited by sfazngiants; 01-14-2011 at 07:03 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:07 AM

Thank sfazn. The ones you linked (first link) will be the twist in replacements for the cluster? Or am I missing something? Any one know what I am referring to when I say the light in the front of the headliner? I believe this would be only on vehicles that have a sunroof as my bro (98 Civic LX - no sunroof) does not have it.

Thanks for confirmation on the license plate lights. I am looking to do those, too.

Old 01-15-2011, 03:46 PM
HCF Member

you can use your own twist lock thing. just take out the bulb from your old ones and replace the bulb with the led ones and twist it back on your cluster

Old 01-15-2011, 07:26 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by sfazngiants
you can use your own twist lock thing. just take out the bulb from your old ones and replace the bulb with the led ones and twist it back on your cluster
Hey I checked my Dome light and I expected it's just 1 end that plugs in so what light would I buy and use?

Old 01-15-2011, 08:59 PM
HCF Member

get a picture of the bulb?

Old 01-17-2011, 03:08 PM

Well I guess these lights aren't for everyone... My girlfriend said she doesn't like mine very much. She said "they look like those stupid annoying headlights on cars"(reffering to HID's) hahaha. Oh well, I love them and really like being able to see everything inside the car.

Old 01-17-2011, 03:13 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Originally Posted by civicexracer
Well I guess these lights aren't for everyone... My girlfriend said she doesn't like mine very much. She said "they look like those stupid annoying headlights on cars"(reffering to HID's) hahaha. Oh well, I love them and really like being able to see everything inside the car.
WOMEN.... THEY ARENT HAPPY BECAUSE THAT MONEY COULD HAVE BEEN PUT TOWARDS HER JEWELRY COLLECTION OR HER CLOTHS! lol
as long as your happy with them and its your ride thats all that matters, im sure she doesnt like hardly anything youve dont to your ride. i know ive been there and back there now with new girl, she just doesnt get it to much BUT i work on her car and upgrade alittle here and there for her so it keeps her from saying to much

Old 01-17-2011, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by addiction2bass
WOMEN.... THEY ARENT HAPPY BECAUSE THAT MONEY COULD HAVE BEEN PUT TOWARDS HER JEWELRY COLLECTION OR HER CLOTHS! lol
as long as your happy with them and its your ride thats all that matters, im sure she doesnt like hardly anything youve dont to your ride. i know ive been there and back there now with new girl, she just doesnt get it to much BUT i work on her car and upgrade alittle here and there for her so it keeps her from saying to much
Actually she's the complete opposite, I'm really a lucky guy lol. She loves going to my races and riding along, she said she might even get into it once she learns stick. She loves my black car, even with the ridiculously stiff and hard hitting suspension on the streets. She's not into cars or anything but just thinks it's fun and thinks my black car really fits my personality. This is really the only little complaint she's made and it's nothing lol.

Quick Reply: Interior LED lights