Lighting & H.I.D.'s Post here about lighting, From exterior lighting to inside lighting.

LED fliker issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 09:42 PM
HCF Member
Default LED fliker issue

Hi
I have recently put a set of LED to my 7 gen civic tail/brake light assy. They works, but it comes with a side effect I dont necessary want. When the car is running/master switch on and brake is being apply. Those LED illuminate with flickering for few seconds before stablely illuminate. However, if I have tail light on/ headlight on. This problem goes away. I have look at other forumn. I aware the car will tell you the brake light is out but power up all your corner lights and gauge light when you apply on the brake. Is the flickering causing by the pulsating current send by the car at the beginning(originally intend to check if the bulb is ok or allow the bulb illuminate more graduately to conserve the light bulb)? Or there is something else going on?

Your response is appreciated.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:50 PM

Check the bulbs first and make sure they're installed correctly, then check your grounds. You might have junk LED bulbs as well if you bought them off ebay.