The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

3 people slamming brakes + crazy sun glare = 1 bad day

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 12:00 AM
Default 3 people slamming brakes + crazy sun glare = 1 bad day

so this morning i was driving to school. the road i take drives straight into the rising sun so you can never see anything. i was going along when this bus started pulling out onto the street. the guy two cars ahead of course didn't see it and then slammed his brakes at the last second, causing the guy behind him to hit him. i in turn then hit that guy. somehow, i'm the only one with any real damage; the other two only had minor paint scrapes. so now i'm going to have to take $3000 or so out of my account and put money back over the summer. so if any of you were following my b16a2 vs. d16y8 turbo thread, it ain't happening this year anymore. i think that i'm goin to replace the hood with a carbon one, the headlights with some black projectors, and the bumper with possibly *gulp* a body kit [:@]. its cheaper than ordering oem parts through a shop. luckliy, my girl's uncle has his own body shop and said he should be able to fix up my chasis and do any painting once parts come in for farily cheap (i'll be getting a huge disount on parts and labor because he likes me). i think its ironic that as soon as i think to myself that i'm done spending money on apearance and all my money is going to speed, i'm now being forced to spend all of my money on appearence. tell me if you think a body kit would be too much, i'm debating it. if i got one it would be something fairly clean looking, nothing crazy/spaceship looking. (and it would be a full kit thats professionally painted, none of that primered front bumper only ****). give me some input. bad day...

heres the baby as of today

Old 05-05-2005, 12:39 AM
Default RE: 3 people slamming brakes + crazy sun glare = 1 bad day

I personally think that a lip kit that is lowered and inch or tow looks best. don't go with a body kit. I like cars that look stock, but are tweaked, just a little. trim/lip kits are my thing. just make sure they're red and not black or something gay. just my opinion. good luck though. If i were in your shoes. what i would do is go ahead with my motor swap, but go to a junk yard and get some temporary parts. like your hood and lights and such. if you've been saving for your swap go for it and make looks 2nd like you said, just get a temp. fix.
Or maybe go through your insurance if it's not going to kill you. or get them to pay for half.

Old 05-05-2005, 12:46 AM

my insurance would shoot up if they knew, they would probably total the car. i would gladly just slap on some temp body panels, but i still wouldn't be able to afford a swap. the chasis work alone aparently could be up to $2000. thats why i figured i'd just splurge and fix up the body with a little aftermarket stuff since they need to be replaced anyway, because i won't have enough money to go towards any major power this year anyway.

Old 05-05-2005, 01:18 AM

OOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhh. I didn't realize there was chasis damage, from the pics it only looks cosmetic. maybe the radiator was as far as it went I guess not. Sorry to hear/see that man, best of luck though. Yeah, I guess if you can't go all out perormance, go all out visual. You probably wouldn't have enough to do any significant performance mods anyways. Good luck though. EDIT: If you did slap on some temp parts, you woul at least be that much closer to a swap instead of waiting another year or two! JMO.

Old 05-05-2005, 01:29 AM

yea, the upper tie bar/radiator support is bent to hell and the car needs to be put up on the chasis pulling table. the thing about it is that i work on a wharf at a restaurant, so its only during the summer. so its not as it i would be able to do the swap before next year even if i did save money.

Old 05-05-2005, 01:32 AM

That still sucks. Well.... I'm out of ideas for now. Good luck though. Your pissed as al hell aren't you?!?!

Old 05-05-2005, 01:34 AM

Dang dude, sorry to hear about that, it sucks.

If you really dont want a body kit I picked up a used eg bumper like 3 years ago used for 100 bucks. It jsut need painted. So if you dont like body kits (even though there are some ok ones) try looking for a used OEM one.

Old 05-05-2005, 01:43 AM

yea, i'm pretty pissed. i was really looking forward to hearing a blow off valve under the hood by the end of august. its not that i don't want a body kit, just that i've usually tried to stay away from them. what do you guys think about this (without al that vynil and crap)

Old 05-05-2005, 01:46 AM

I like it. The only problem i have with it, is that it should probably be stretched further down. Either that, or that guy needs to lower his car. Now that I look at the pic. It needs both.

Old 05-05-2005, 06:13 AM
Dan

Thats real nasty, how fast were u goin? I agree, car needs lowering. And it dont look 2 bad.

Quick Reply: 3 people slamming brakes + crazy sun glare = 1 bad day