The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

5.0 foxbody

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 11:49 PM
The Man
Default 5.0 foxbody

i drove my friends today....i loved it

and no longer want an integra =(

it sounded amazing, and drove great!!

would it be a bad idea to sell my integra and by one?
any one know anything about them?

Old 08-01-2011, 06:06 AM

We have this lovely section called "Non-Honda Discussion". Probably would be better off there.

Anyways, 5.0 foxbody's are pigs. I wouldn't bother.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:09 AM
Chubby Chaser

if you got the gas money lol, you will get 12 mpg lol. also ask your friend how it handles in the rain/snow lol.

Old 08-01-2011, 10:15 AM

It handles? "Foxbody" and "handling" in one sentence without a negative in between the two words?

Old 08-02-2011, 08:32 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Originally Posted by 94civichatchback
if you got the gas money lol, you will get 12 mpg lol. also ask your friend how it handles in the rain/snow lol.
300ft*lbs of torque and a 2.73:1 rear end? Rain and snow shouldn't be a problem. As far as the fuel economy goes... well, someone's gotta make up for all the fuel those hybrids are saving.

And I don't know where this "mustangs don't handle at all" thing came from. Yes, they have retarded suspension geometry. Can they handle well in stock form? Yes; the only modification I have on my suspension right now is an OEM GT rear sway bar and it still exhibits little to no body roll, even with the stock spring rate. Since I know it'll get brought up, the Fox and the SN95 (New Edge included) share the same suspension with very slight differences. It's actually very common to see SN95s with Fox struts/shocks and front LCAs; the Fox struts/shocks are shorter so they're better for a lowered SN95 than the OEM SN95 shocks/struts and the Fox LCAs are slightly shorter, so people use them on SN95s for a little bit of front camber correction. And once you start modifying the suspension, it's game over.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:07 AM
HCF Member

I know two people with Foxbodys. One's blown and gutted with Weld wheels and a cage('90) The other just has a worked over 5.0 and the suspension has been worked over('87). I've since moved away from where they both live. But, I've personally witnessed both of these cars get spanked by a turbo'd CRX. I was wanting to buy one too, until I spent some time with the second one. He had tons of work into that car ('87). It got about 12-13 MPGs and got butt-raped by a LS-Turbo CRX (full interior, b18a with low comp pistons and stock rods with ARPs) The guy with the 87 stang had a 04 focus that he drove daily because of the bad gas mileage. He also had a 96 f150 he drove during the winter to deal with snow. I dunno about you, but I can't afford to have three cars...

IMO, I'd rather have a turbo'd b-series that still rocks 30+ mpg and can whip the asses of modified stangs...

Old 08-02-2011, 09:13 AM
HCF Member

fox body = really old, but some people are into that.

I wish I could get my hands on a honda s600...

Old 08-05-2011, 05:57 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Originally Posted by Shandles
He also had a 96 f150 he drove during the winter to deal with snow. I dunno about you, but I can't afford to have three cars...

IMO, I'd rather have a turbo'd b-series that still rocks 30+ mpg and can whip the asses of modified stangs...
Sounds like that focus he had could do as well as a civic in the snow, so make that two cars. All the winter beater has to do is get you from point A to point B for a few months, so a $500 POS would work. But I haven't had any problems that I wouldn't have encountered in a FWD car through two Pennsylvania mountain winters and two Kentucky winters.

But don't think modified foxes are a good representation of all modified mustangs. The modular engines don't fall on their faces halfway through the powerband and their cams aren't in their blocks

chrismag, fox body, 5.4L DOHC swap, lumpy cams, supercharger. Do it.

Old 08-05-2011, 06:54 PM
July 2010 ROTM

03-04 terminator if you must have a stang. IRS, DOHC, factory blown, and look incredible. Front bumper from hell!!! Im an sn95 fan (since i had an anniversary gt), but my 93 handled like a dumptruck. I effing hate foxes. Want a mustang thats badass that you dont have to pay a drag tax on? Get a 71-73 mach1. Ultimate ****. 351 cleveland, fastback roofline so agressive its basically horizontal, and cool paint schemes (factory blue and black ftw!).

Old 08-15-2011, 02:00 PM
Stinky Administrator

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
Anyways, 5.0 foxbody's are pigs. I wouldn't bother.
Another great Honda fanboi statement, I wish people would grow up and go drive an older foxbody. I had 4 of them and if i could go back i would have never sold them as far as the no handling statement i had my 93 GT at the dragon many times. I ran right with few Porsche's, Mini's and yes the coveted Honda fanboy dream car a NSX. All i had where KYB struts, Eibach lowering springs and bigger sways, you don't have to do much to improve the handling.