The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

94 supra

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 06:50 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: 94 supra

a good condition FD shell will sell for 7k easy bro, not try to have a fight here. just let u know is a big world and try to learn about other car, and the link is not working.

Old 09-05-2007, 07:00 AM
Cat Fuсker

I don't know what you've been smoking. Even though those are expensive, the most I would pay for a stock car with a bad head, even that nice of a car is around 4-5K, if it wasn't a supra it would be less. There is no way that car is worth 9K. May be in the seller's head it is, but in reality, it's a 13 year old car that was driven into the ground.

Old 09-05-2007, 07:50 AM
HCF Member

the link was working last night... it had a same gen supra that had plenty of mods done to it with a perfectly working motor for 8700... lol

Old 09-05-2007, 09:39 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: kick7_honduh

a good condition FD shell will sell for 7k easy bro, not try to have a fight here. just let u know is a big world and try to learn about other car, and the link is not working.
Learn about other cars? I know about plenty of cars, I know about the one you are all so much promoting right now, I know I was in that cars home land when that car came out. I learn how to drive a manual car in a 1991 Skyline, I have seen, drive, touched, changed parts on the car you are talking about. Dont tell me I need to learn about the car in question. I have spent my entire life teaching myself about cars along with learning about them from other people. For every bit of 22 years(I took out 3 years for when I was a infant) I have lived cars. I have more passion about cars than alot have about their own children.

The Supra is one of the overrated things that came out of the fast and the furious. I know they can be made quick but for the most part they are dyno queens. They have to put everything from Ford rearends to Chevorlet transmissions in them to make them go fast and hold up.

You can talk to anyone on this forum that I have met in person and they will vouch for what I know about cars

Old 09-05-2007, 10:14 AM
Administrator

i have a friend back home who paid 13k for an MKIV TT AUTOsupra..like it or not, they fetch top dollar, regardless of what people "feel that they are worth"...

marty, youre saying that you wouldnt pay 9 grand for a 94 ZR1 with a bad motor? of course you would. the appraised value of the two cars isnt that different, nor is the stock performance...if he had posted "i have a chance to buy a 94 ZR1 with a head problem for 9 grand" youd be wiping off your computer screen...

Old 09-05-2007, 10:16 AM
HCF Member

the hell I would, I paid $18k for mine with under 50k miles on it and guess what. It has all the engine componets, runs great, and i will be able to sell it for more than I paid.

Old 09-05-2007, 10:22 AM
Administrator

then youre crazy. paying 9 grand for a car that books for over 25,000? even if the car is in TERRIBLE shape, in need of mechanical and heavy body work, you could put 16,000 into it and still break even on a sale..and at 16,000 worth of work, youd have one hell of a nice car. figure, 7,000-9,000 for a high quality paint job, leaving 8,000ish to put into the engine..

the paint estimate is right on, and the 8 grand on engine work would be ALOT of work in your own garage, and for that much money, you could pay someone to put heads on a vette and come out spending less than 8 grand...and youd make money on the sale.

your car is stil losing value, as there is nothing special about it, other than the fact that its a corvette. the ZR1, and TT supras are now collectors items in the right circles, and those circles arent hard to find.

Old 09-05-2007, 10:29 AM
HCF Member

Cars are only worth as much as somebody is willing to pay for them. And while others may be willing to pay stupid amounts for certain cars i am not. not even a Vette which I am a fan of.

Old 09-05-2007, 10:36 AM
Administrator

i got an incredible deal on my 71demon, as it didnt have a drivetrain. luckily, i have extra engines and transmissions, and ill have the car on the road for a fraction of what they are going for..

how do i know what they are going for? well, my first look was at KBBs classic car buying guide. the car will be much, much stronger than stock, with a fiberglass front end and full aftermarket suspension. in stock, non-numbers form, the car books for something like 15,000. i saw cars at the last few big mopar meets, the same year as mine, in TERRIBLE condition going for 10,000. cars similar to mine, with un-built drivetrains, non-numbers, were in the 20,000 range. i dont plan to sell the car, but even if i had paid 9,000 for a 36 year old car, i could easily make 6 grand selling it at book value, and in the muscle car market, i could end up making 14-15 thousand. this kid is in a similar situation, except he "has a hook up" to get things done, where as most of the work was performed by myself and my dad. from the moment that we started, i have less than a thousand dollars in the car, and aside from a few knicks in the paint here and there, i could show it the way that it is...it weighs around 2900lbs, and has a similar built to my white car, which went 12.30s in a 3700lb car. someone who has to rely on a shop to do the work wont make nearly the same money, but this guy stands to make some money if he knows what he is doing and getting into..especially if its a TT mtx car.

Old 09-05-2007, 10:43 AM
HCF Member

That is great for him but I gave my opinion that the car to me is not worth that and somebody told me I needed to learn about cars outside this forum as if i am some Honda fanatic that dont know anything. I stated my opinion. Nothing more, never said the car is not worth that in it's little circle just said it is not worth it to me.

Quick Reply: 94 supra