The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Almost bought the farm!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 06:52 AM
HCF Member
Default Almost bought the farm!!!

Driving home yesterday in rather crappy weather,( hard rain and freezing rain)I was hit by a tractor trailor. Luckily, it sounds worse than it was but it sure scared the bejesus out of me! I was in my Chevy 4x4 minding my own business in the slow lane doing 60mph or so. Lots of commuter traffic. All of a sudden I see red and black through the spray of freezing rain and road spray. It was the wheel of a tractor trailer I had previously spotted coming up rather fast in the passing lane of the interstate. I don't know why but he swerved to the right when he was about to pass me and caught my vehicle on the drivers side(obviously) rear wheel well. It happened in a flash. I didn't stop, he didn't stop. If I would have slowed down dramatically, that action would have caused a multi-vehicle pileup. When I got home, I surveyed the damage. It was luckily only the stock fender flare which is bolted and taped on. I called my local Chevy dealership and they informed me it would cost $476.00 to replace. I already started calling junk yards to find the part. It could have been significantly worse especially in a smaller vehicle like you guys drive. I don't think there was a way to avoid something like this but it makes you think about the old saying " Eat , drink and be merry cause tomorrow you die! "
This old coot will be around a little longer anyway! Hey be extra careful in your pursuits!

SMOKEM

Old 04-13-2007, 07:14 AM
Administrator
Default RE: Almost bought the farm!!!

wow man, thank god your ok, 4X4 FTW i guess, you get to talk to the guy or anything?

Old 04-13-2007, 08:21 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Glad to hear you're Okay Rob! Scary stuff

Old 04-13-2007, 08:41 AM
formerly aryiman98civic

wow man, im glad you got out of the in good shape.

Old 04-13-2007, 08:54 AM

only way to avoid accident of crappy nature v tractor trailer in civic is to brake and swerve...

i missed the tail end of a sliding tractor trailer and got my nice guard rail dent because of it

Old 04-13-2007, 09:27 AM
HCF Member

glad to hear your okay man....is there anyway to talk to the guy about it? License plate er somethin?

Old 04-13-2007, 09:34 AM
HCF Member

damn good thing your ok

Old 04-13-2007, 09:45 AM
Cat Fuсker

sholda gotten his plates and make him pay for it...

Old 04-15-2007, 09:56 AM
HCF Member

Thanks for kind words! This incident happened so damn fast that by the time I realized what happened the truck was literally gone from sight. All I saw was red fender, chrome bumper and big ole tire! Didn't even see if there was writing on the trailer! It would have been easier if it was the only big rig on the road at the time but????? My only saving thought was that it could have been my Grand National! Except I would NEVER be driving it in the rain! I would have hunted that truck down like a rabid dog if that was my Buick!

Maybe after all this **** rain stops, we can all have a Spring in the Northeast!

SMOKEM

Old 04-15-2007, 10:02 AM

the truck driver is a ****ing douchebag for leaving thescene like that. I hate them with passion. Here in ohio, they always tend to take up the passing lane. I figured that experienced drivers would know better, but I was wrong

Quick Reply: Almost bought the farm!!!