The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Any Military Personnel Among Us?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 10:23 AM
Default Any Military Personnel Among Us?

Hey Guys, I was just curious if there are any serving members on the forum? I am an Air Force ROTC Cadet at the University of Minnesota. If so, where are you stationed, what do you do, rank, and how long you have been in.

Old 11-15-2006, 10:31 AM
Default RE: Any Military Personnel Among Us?

yeah i have been thinking about joining either the army or the navy, and the army recruiters have already written up the papers for me to get the Counter Intelligence MOS....so i dont know what i want to do yet...

Old 11-15-2006, 10:38 AM

Looking at your profile you must be a senior in high school now right? Why Counter Intel?

Old 11-15-2006, 05:18 PM

why because i want to do intelligence and CI was the one that spoke to me the most....but of course, i would still have to have a background check, but i will pass that, and i also have to lose a little wieght....but none-the-less i still pretty much have it...and plus, my asvab scores say i can get pretty much anything i want...lol

Old 11-15-2006, 07:21 PM

Well that is cool. All the best to you...get all you can in enlisted bonuses!!!!! Where do you live? A little tip for you...if you have to loose weight...loose at least 10 pounds more than you thought. I lost weight also before joining too, but when I started i lost even more than i thought possible!!!! To speak for the air force, we have a great OSI program (office of special investigations) that you might want to look into...with a good asvab you would be a good canidate. Why not do ROTC and go officer?

Old 11-16-2006, 10:30 AM

yeah man i will look into the OSI, and i was thinking of doing OCS insteadof rotc....how hard is it to get into ocs??

Old 11-16-2006, 01:24 PM

No OCS isn't that hard to get into...but you need to already have a degree. Thats why rotc is more popular because you kill two birds with one stone(in a sense). I got a full ride for college from the AF (thank you taxpayers!) and will be going to flight school or do spec ops.

Old 11-16-2006, 06:30 PM

Hey, im new here, but i am stationed in Alaska, in the air force, and I am what they call an aircraft armament apprentice. I fuse, load, and arm bombs on planes, and it isn't a bad job, but pretty repetitive. I also would reccomend ROTC and coming in as an officer. I wish i would have. It really is the best way to do things. Depending on the career field you go into you might not have time to go to school, so that would be a burden overcome before it became a problem. Anyways, later, and good luck.

Old 11-16-2006, 08:00 PM
HCF Member

I did 6 years Active Duty in the Air Force at Elmendorf AFB, AK. I got out in 2005 then joined the Air Guard here in AK. I got sick of deployments so I got out of AD. Guard is the way to go if you want your school payed for. I graduate from College in May and will try to get a comission after that.

Dave

Old 11-16-2006, 08:01 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: spitek60

Hey, im new here, but i am stationed in Alaska, in the air force, and I am what they call an aircraft armament apprentice. I fuse, load, and arm bombs on planes, and it isn't a bad job, but pretty repetitive. I also would reccomend ROTC and coming in as an officer. I wish i would have. It really is the best way to do things. Depending on the career field you go into you might not have time to go to school, so that would be a burden overcome before it became a problem. Anyways, later, and good luck.
Hey are you at ELmendorf or Eilson? Im at Kulis ANG right now

Dave

Quick Reply: Any Military Personnel Among Us?