The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Any of you guys ever feel like you've hit rock bottom?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 10:51 PM
Default Any of you guys ever feel like you've hit rock bottom?

That's about how I feel right now. I've fell into a rut creatively, at work, at school and in relationships. Creatively, I simply cannot focus. I can't decide what I want to do with my car. I used to be able to invision what something would look like. Right now, I simply can't.

My work is also hindered by my lack of creativity. How am I supposed to work on someone elses car when I don't even have the drive to work on my own. Meanwhile, I'm in the process of deciding which shop I want to work at. Two shops want me, so that toughens my decision. I can stay put and work, or I can move and make more money. I would just move, but the other shop that wants me is just now opening and I don't have confidence that it will last six months. With my current job at least, there is security.

I've realized that I hate UMSL. See the college thread for more information.

As far as relationships go, I lost my girlfriend recently. I just found out a couple days ago, from a friend, that she met someone else. She hasn't returned my phone calls and hasn't spoken to me in days. I'm guessing I did something wrong.

This isn't a cry for attention, I just needed to type this out. What I really want to know is, how do you guys deal with this kind of rut? No, alcohol is not a helpful answer as I do not drink.

Old 10-23-2005, 10:53 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Any of you guys ever feel like you've hit rock bottom?

Sleep on it, tomorrow will be a new day.

Old 10-23-2005, 11:31 PM

1. go for a drive at dusk. always helps me to push my car around a windy road with the windows down.
2. nicotine (though i'm guessing if you don't drink, chances are you don't smoke)
3. titty bar anyone?
4. don't try to push your creativity if nothing is comming, just take a rest and sort things out.
5. like remmy said, tomorrow's a new day. life is what you make of it so there's always chances to improve. hang in there buddy, everyone has their slumps but you pull through them eventually

Old 10-23-2005, 11:54 PM

ORIGINAL: Mossy

3. titty bar anyone?
That made me lol. Good advice though lol.

Jeff

Old 10-24-2005, 12:11 AM

I know what that's like. My G/f (most beautifull thing on earth) broke up with me after all that we have been through. It still hurts to think about it and this was several months ago. I couldn't deal with it. I just sat there in class and started writing. I wrote seven blank pages front to back ( and i hate hand writing) about what was going through my head. I didn't eat for about 3.5 days and the first week there was no such thing as sleep. I just closed my eyes and wished that when I oppened the things were the way they should be. I read them from time to time, and I just think DAMN! I was ****ED UP! but I got over it in about a week and a half. I'm hessitant about deep relationships now.... Sorry to hear about your troubles. Best of luck with whatever decision you decide to make. IMO stick with a company with a reputation. My dad was offered a job at a company that had been in business for a 6 months and was offering about tripple his current salary, paid vacation, and a bunch of other goodies. but he didn't go. A couple of his employee's went and in 7 mos they went out of bussiness. he would have been screwed. So make a good decision. REMEMBER: Once you hit the bottom you can only go back to the top!

Old 10-24-2005, 12:12 AM
HCF Member

I've been there all too many times. I'm a freelance graphic designer and it really sucks when I just can't think of how to approach a design. Sometimes just getting away from people and computers for a while really helps. I go outside, play with my dog, lay in the sunshine, etc.

It's ok to be bummed and sad.

Old 10-24-2005, 12:24 AM
Cat Fuсker

Damn, I almost dropped out of college because of this kind of mindset...lasted 6 month, I kept basically raping my car every day until it finally gave up on me(my lovely caravan). What brought me back was a very sad incident...a very good friend of mine (nobody can tell me that women and men can't get together) called me up 4am crying that her mothers new boyfriend tried to break into her room and now she was in the restroom with him beraking the door... ususally it takes an hour for me to wake up, get dressed, and other crap like that....this time I was up in 20 seconds running to my car with a piece of flexpipe that I had laying under my bad for ages. I think I broke just about every law on the way there (90 through residential area, no stopping for stops, reds and squirels). Had to brake the door to their apartment, than dragging the bastard out and being beat up by him (over 60 lbs difference I guess) until I thought of (very bright) kicking him in the you know where.......spent a day locked up as her mom tried charging me with breaking and entering, and the a-hole was gonna press charges too. after that I pretty much was happy to live again:-D

Old 10-24-2005, 12:25 AM
HCF Member

Just get a piece of paper and doodle. Just doodle away and things start coming to you. It's when you're relaxed and not putting pressure on the gears in the cranium that great ideas come. As for your entire situation, I'm sorry to hear about it. Tough times are when our character is truly tested. I always like to have in the back of my head that somewhere, someone has it far worse than I do. It usually gets me pumped up and making moves to change things. I must give you extreme kudos points for not turning to alcohol during this time. Generally it just makes things worse. A sad tale I've seen more than once. You'll rise up though Seven, I don't feel you have the close up shop atittude.

Old 10-24-2005, 06:44 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

yeah, life can suck from time to time, suck it up!

I'm just kidding, for the most part. But i know what you're saying, feeling down and out is the worst. But honestly, just keep a positive midset, and do the things you enjoy. LIke Mossy said, going out for a drive is when i feel the most relaxed. Are you into music at all? Music is my life source, its what pulls me through all the b.s. that life likes to throw at me. Heh, and when combined with driving, it just doesnt get any better. Get in, buckle up, crank the stereo, and drive until you feel better

Old 10-24-2005, 09:11 AM

ORIGINAL: se7ensectoolate
What I really want to know is, how do you guys deal with this kind of rut?
The best medicine is to go out and pick up a woman (or two) for a healthy night of playful *******.

Quick Reply: Any of you guys ever feel like you've hit rock bottom?