The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Anyone got suggestion for my 1st bike?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 12:18 AM
Default Anyone got suggestion for my 1st bike?

I`m lookin to buy a bike, i been lookin at the suzuki gsx600 the yamaha yzf600r or the honda cbr 600r, this is gona be my 1st bike, never rode one b4, jus quads...any suggetions?

Old 06-16-2006, 12:27 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Anyone got suggestion for my 1st bike?

It depends on what you want to do with it. if you want to just drive/ride it then id say a Suzuki katana 700 the natural riding position is more up-rite making it more comfortable, but you can still lay down like most other crotch rockets. the only drawback is that the front end is heavy, making it very bad for tricks (wheelies and such) cause it tends to want to tip to the right or left (not a good thing), but on flat ground there great.

Old 06-16-2006, 02:21 AM

If you've never ridden a bike before stay away from the crotch rockets.
They're for experienced riders..not beginners.
Stay around the 5-600cc class,but get a cruiser such as a Honda Shadow,or a Suzuki Blvd.
The more user friendly bikes are your best bet.
Take it from a guy who has a scar on his shoulder and a constant pain as a daily reminder that crotch rockets arent for newbies....

Old 06-16-2006, 03:47 AM
HCF Member

If you've never ridden a bike before stay away from the crotch rockets.
They're for experienced riders..not beginners.
From a different stand point, I'd stay away from cruisers as a first bike. They're heavier and don't react as quickly to your movements. Street bikes are like extensions of your body and react to it accordingly. The thing you MUST be sure to do with a street bike though as a first time rider is exercise self-restraint. If you decide to get bold for whatever reason too soon on one of those things then you're definitely going to end up dead. <-----------------------Not fun. It's that whole guns don't kill people, people do argument. Go for a CBR F4i. It's the first bike I took to the streets and I fell in love with it. Once again though, BE SMART WITH IT. And also be sure to have fun. Enjoy the 2 wheelin it.

P.S. Don't be a Roethlesberger, wear a helmet for God sake.

Old 06-16-2006, 06:33 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

I completely agree with Mad7's. The crotch rockets performance abilities are outstanding and a really good platform to learn on. When I was 17 I picked up a Honda CBR600. I had one little slip up on the highway and almost lost it, after that I learned to respect the bike. Use self control, and don't hammer on it until you're fully used to it. Take my friend Mark for example. He just bought his first bike, and he went all out, GSXR1000. Now, that's a bike that'll kill most newb riders, but this guy has done two stints overseas for the military, and is probably THEE most responsible guy I've ever met because of it. He's been gradually climing up in RPM's, and little by little getting more aggressive around turns and what not. You just gotta feel the bike out, and literally take baby-steps with it until you're used to it.

A Crotch rocket can be a really fun toy, or it can kill you, it's up to you.

Old 06-16-2006, 06:39 AM
HCF Member

Anyone got suggestion for my 1st bike?
How about a nice Kona or GT.

Old 06-16-2006, 08:25 AM

Kawasaki Ninja 500R....light nimble, quick, and cheap. I bought mine in 05 it was an 04 with 800 miles on it for 2300 dollars lol. I have a GSXR750 now, but that little Ninja was TONS of fun.

Old 06-16-2006, 11:53 AM

i am more of a truimph guy, if you like to be different look into a few they look awesome. i like more standard style bike over regular rockets because you can never really use the speed and handleing of racer replica out on the street so its not really worth it to be unconfortable if you ride alot

Old 06-16-2006, 01:52 PM
HCF Member

a Ninja 500 is a great bike to learn on but you will get bored with it real quick. I started out on a R6 and I agree 100% with some others above that if you can restrain yourself from twisting that throtle you'll be very happy with any 600. The CBR is a better all around bike with a smother power band so I'd say that or a GSXR over the R6. I made it 9000 miles before crashing on my first bike....and the only reason I crashed was because I was trying to do stunts.....baby steps! Some are born to ride others have to learn IMO. My best friend is sick on 2 wheels! He has done stunts for movies, races and works at ICON right now and he was a born rider fur sure!

Old 06-16-2006, 02:00 PM
HCF Member

a Ninja 500 is a great bike to learn on but you will get bored with it real quick.
Yeah, I hear those things lower power bands are garbage and then jump real hard when you hit the double digits. I wouldn't turn down a free one, but it's not number one on the list.

Quick Reply: Anyone got suggestion for my 1st bike?