The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Anyone having MSN issues?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 07:18 AM
HCF Member
Default Anyone having MSN issues?

I can't sign into msn on my computer, but all troubleshooting i do does nothing, i can connect to the internet fine, the .NET website says service is fine, I have tried refreshing the settings in msn, msn says that all is good for the tests it runs. i have cheched my Firewall, restarted the computer, reinstalled msn yet i still cannot sign in. I have tried another computer and it signed in fine. all i get is this damned error code 81000306.

Any thoughts?

[IMG]local://upfiles/6733/A2BCEE3B60B74A88AA800EBF135CF23C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-03-2007, 08:33 AM
Stinky Administrator
Default RE: Anyone having MSN issues?

mine's working tim...........knocks on wood

Old 09-03-2007, 08:48 AM
HCF Member

Try uninstalling MSN messanger and reinstalling it.

Old 09-03-2007, 09:17 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: AgentofDarkness

Try uninstalling MSN messanger and reinstalling it.
ORIGINAL: Fiirkan

I have tried refreshing the settings in msn, msn says that all is good for the tests it runs. i have cheched my Firewall, restarted the computer, reinstalled msn yet i still cannot sign in.
Any thoughts?

Old 09-03-2007, 09:25 AM

msn and windows live (same programs) have never worked right for me, they either wont sign on or kick me off after a few minutes. Get yahoo messenger, you can still talk to everyone that has MSN and its a lot more stable.

Old 09-03-2007, 10:38 AM
HCF Member

i wonder if me not being able to load the MSN website or Hotmail has anything to do with this[:@] ... funny that i can load it on my computer upstairs that uses the exact same internet connection[:@][:@]

Old 09-03-2007, 10:38 AM
HCF Member

I have had that msn live forever now, since it came out..never had any problems and I'm on everyday a lot. I know you said it didn't work, but with old msn, a couple times I to completely delete it from my computer then re-install it from scratch, install the first version then install all the updates. Only did it maybe once or twice though.

Old 09-03-2007, 10:56 AM
HCF Member

turns out i can't load any micrsoft website right now[sm=dontgetit.gif]... so i can't even redownload it from teh website

Old 09-03-2007, 11:10 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Fiirkan

turns out i can't load any micrsoft website right now[sm=dontgetit.gif]... so i can't even redownload it from teh website
My brother's computer has a similar problem. He cannot view any google pages (google.com, gmail). I'm not sure what the problem is with that. There might be a chance your MAC is bieng filtered but that sounds unlikely.

Old 09-03-2007, 11:19 AM
HCF Member

this all started last night when my internet stopped working (nothing new happens all the time) which resulted in me having to restart my computer, it took forever to restart, which is the norm right now cause i am certain there is an issue with my hard drive. then when it did load i got a registry error. didn't know what it was forit said it recovered from the problem and that it repaired it. then this started... so what i think i am gonan do is find out what the msn live is in the registry, uninstall it again, then delete the registry key then reinstall... see if that helps.

One thing i did find was that my IE was only set to use SSL3.0 and MSN live needs SSL 3.0 and 2.0. but enabling 2.0 hasn't fixed anything.

Quick Reply: Anyone having MSN issues?