The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Anyone here suffer from panic attacks/anxiety?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 11:49 PM
HCF Member
Default Anyone here suffer from panic attacks/anxiety?

This is a health related issue.
I've been suffering from Panic attacks/anxiety for more than 2 years...
Heart pounding, cold sweats, chest discomfort, choking sensation and afraid of dying..
I wonder if anyone here suffer from this irritating syndrome.
If you do, please share it here...

Old 09-05-2007, 04:54 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Anyone here suffer from panic attacks/anxiety?

-have you seen a physician? - I have experienced this problem and for me it was stress related. Heart pounding, short of breath, fear, unable to think clearly, throat feels like it is going to close and I'll die. Some people take meds for generalized anxiety, I eliminated the stress.

Old 09-05-2007, 05:39 AM
HCF Member

My fiance has SAD big time and pretty much cant go out byherself at all. It really sucks alot and its all in the mind. She was on some med's to help but shes on disability becuase of it so was seeing some ****ty doctors and needless to say she had to stop the meds cause they were just making her sleep.

If you have a good doctor who cares about you, then you can probably try some meds to help relax you but dont let them just shovle pills into you or you will end up like my finace, sleeping all day and no energy to do anything at all.

Old 09-05-2007, 06:42 AM
HCF Member

I used to have a similar problem in high school. And don't worry about dying, no one has ever died from a panic attack (even though you feel like you will). Have you figured out what it triggering them? Does there seem to be a common situation/circumstance when the panic attacks occur? I was taking medication (Paxil) for a couple years, and it helped. But, just as the other guys said, it's more mental than anything. The medication was more of a crutch and allowed me to worry less about having the panic attacks. And I gradually took smaller and smaller doses as I had better control of the problem. I haven't taken medication or had a panic attack in years. And gocoho is right, make sure you talk to a doctor.

Old 09-05-2007, 06:43 AM
HCF Member

Yup. I was diagnosed with panic attacks about 8 months ago. It is the worst feeling I have ever experienced. I started to see a psychotherapist and he diagonsed me with anxietyand post traumatic stress disorder. My physician put me on Zoloft which has helped me so much. My doc is working with me to taper myself off of the Zoloft and that is going well.

Please take care of yourself. Panic attacks are serious. Try to get as much rest as you can, eat well and if you are up to it, take a walk everyday. Please keep us posted. I hate to see others suffer with panic or anxiety.

Old 09-05-2007, 10:34 AM

yeah me 2 i used to do that at school. which is why i am homeschooled now. but my doctor said i should take a small dose of prozac or something and it has worked wonders. i am now slowing down and beggining to stop takeing it but not until recently when i have had family issues now i am back on it.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:43 AM
HCF Member

i have OCD realy bad about the cleanliness of my room and when its not clean i get like nervous/anxiety, never too bad though but my room is alwasy clean as hell

Old 09-05-2007, 11:43 AM
HCF Member

i have OCD realy bad about the cleanliness of my room and when its not clean i get like nervous/anxiety, never too bad though but my room is alwasy clean as hell

Old 09-05-2007, 07:05 PM

Wowww this is crazy i use to do the same thing in high school and i too am on homeschooling now. Just do things to keep your mind off of it if you ever feel wierd dont automaticaly think your gonna die i use to do that its deff scary. The throat thing where it feels like its gonna close and you cant breathe always use to happen to me. After awhile i havent even thought about it and it just went away and i have been fine for about 2 years now.

Old 09-05-2007, 08:18 PM
HCF Member

lol, its hard to admit but i probally have a case of this to, i get all those symptoms when Im in a high pressure situation(stress) or even sometimes for stupid reasons. It sucs, but I am getting better at dealing with it. You arent alone with it man!

Quick Reply: Anyone here suffer from panic attacks/anxiety?