The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Anyone like games like DiRT?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 03:13 PM
Default RE: Anyone like games like DiRT?

Colin McRae(RIP) Rally FTW!!!!

Old 01-14-2008, 04:16 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: EH3_Project

Colin McRae(RIP) Rally FTW!!!!
Peg use to like that game alot too... then i introduced him to Rallysport challenge 2, nad he never went back

Old 01-14-2008, 07:42 PM

ORIGINAL: warrenG

DiRT is the offroad rally game, right?

is it good? like, if you compare it to forza (i know theyre different because one is track and one is dirt) is it the same type of quality game play? graphics?
im considering buying it...
but as of now im saving up for need forspeed prostreet...
Good? Yes
Like Forza? NONONO! And DiRT actually has all types of pavement it's cool. Dirt, Sand, Blacktop, Concrete, Cobblestone. And each type has its own effect on how the car controls
Gameplay? VERY addicting, VERY fun. Only a couple bad things is that you can't really change parts and the loading times are pretty suck. But the loading screens give some interesting info about how your racing career is going.

Instead of changing parts on the car though, you can tweak a LOT of things that have to do with braking/accelerating/downforce/etc

One thing I really loved about the game is that it has realistic crashes and the amount of cars is actually pretty nice.

Graphics are GREAT on PS3

It is a definite rent. Maybe buy if you like it.

Old 01-14-2008, 07:53 PM

I don't have to worry about things like this, at Gamestop, the employees get to rent games for free It is a good game, definitely a rent though. The crashs are AMAZINGLY realistic though. It's great.

Old 01-14-2008, 08:36 PM

need for speed prostreet has realistic crashes, unlime nfs carbon. nfs carbon was a tad bit unrealistic IMO mainly because my dodge viper could get up to 233 mph in like, 7 seconds.
and, when it crashed, it was perfectly fine.
and none of the handling was that great.

but i saw a demo on nfs prostreet and i really wanted it... so im seriously contemplating buying it.
however, DiRT is like 20 bucks and prostreet is 40...so im not sure which one to get.

i may just get gta san andreas instead.
jk.
although you can modify game statistics in gta san andreas to get lambos and porsches and ferraris...definately a plus.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:30 PM
Stinky Administrator

dirt is a great game but imo Rallysport challenge 2 is a better game the graphics are almost as good as dirt and the handling is better. and thanks tim for putting me on Rallysport challenge 2

Old 01-16-2008, 06:38 PM

ORIGINAL: warrenG

need for speed prostreet has realistic crashes, unlime nfs carbon. nfs carbon was a tad bit unrealistic IMO mainly because my dodge viper could get up to 233 mph in like, 7 seconds.
and, when it crashed, it was perfectly fine.
and none of the handling was that great.

but i saw a demo on nfs prostreet and i really wanted it... so im seriously contemplating buying it.
however, DiRT is like 20 bucks and prostreet is 40...so im not sure which one to get.

i may just get gta san andreas instead.
jk.
although you can modify game statistics in gta san andreas to get lambos and porsches and ferraris...definately a plus.
NFS's crashes dont even come close to DiRT's.

DiRT displays every point of the car that is damaged and then your car reacts. So if you have transmission damage you aren't going to accelerate as fast. Wheel damage affects acceleration and steering.