The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

ATTN: michigan residents!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 01:50 PM
Administrator
Default ATTN: michigan residents!!

Read:

Michigan Bill Would Ban Most Aftermarket Exhaust Systems
http://musclemustangfastfords.com/ho..._exhaust_bill/

I know that this is a mustang mag article, but it affects all of us!

Old 01-31-2006, 01:53 PM
Default RE: ATTN: michigan residents!!

this is getting to be total BS with the sub bill and now, the exhaust bill, wouldn't this affect Forty?!?!

Old 01-31-2006, 01:59 PM
HCF Member

I am honestly thinking of forming a Tuners For a Free America kind of thing so everybody across the country can ban together against this crap.

Old 01-31-2006, 02:01 PM
HCF Member

heehee, I just sent a letter to that guy.

Old 01-31-2006, 02:24 PM

ORIGINAL: md420

I am honestly thinking of forming a Tuners For a Free America kind of thing so everybody across the country can ban together against this crap.

**** yeah!!! where do i sign up?

but seriously. i doubt that the gov gives a **** about noise levels. there is something els there...

Old 01-31-2006, 02:57 PM
HCF Member

We should really look in to doing something like that, I have to get ready for work but after I get off in the a.m. I am going to start reading up on forming a thing to protect our hobby

Old 01-31-2006, 03:07 PM

pm me when you got something. if anything. i would start a list.

cough***cough***i could help** cough*** erherm...

Old 01-31-2006, 05:11 PM
Administrator

what i sent to all of the email accounts of the trans. board reps in MI:
I am 27 years old, and I am, and always have been, an automotive enthusiast. I was distrubed to read in a magazine recently about H.B. 5543, which would make most aftermarket exhaust systems illegal in this state. I have aftermarket exhaust on all of my vehicles, and while it is louder than stock, it is not excessively loud. My problem with this is that this would cost tax-paying enthusiasts like myself a great deal of money to replace the exhaust system currently on their vehicles.

There is someone in my neighborhood who drives a late model Chevrolet Blazer, and his stereo bass is so loud, that every time he goes past, it literally vibrates things off shelves if he sits at the stop sign in front of our house for very long. It also sets frequently off our car alarms. Also, considering that level of crime in and around the Detroit area, I feel that police have far better things to do than hassle people because their exhaust is, by their opinion, "too loud".

There are potholes on I-75, as well as on roads such as Hayes, that will break an aluminum wheel at low speed. My exhaust has never harmed anyone, or damaged anyone's vehicles. Also, with no regulation of the quality of vehicles in this state, I do not see how this could even be feasible? I have seen cars driving, on public roads, that were so badly wrecked that the front fenders had been cut away, and the headlights had been broken out, so the car had make-shift headlights bolted to the underside of the crushed hood. That vehicle is clearly not safe, yet nothing is done about it, and this is not the only vehicle that I have seen in a condition similar to this. I take great pride in my vehicles, and I take very good care of them, and it concerns me that there are these motorized piles of garbage riding around on Michigan streets. Why not worry more about fixing the current tax payer problems rather than making new ones? Do everyone a favor and make the state better for tax payers by improving the road systems, not worse by enacting new, pointless laws.
replies that i have gotten thus far:
Thank you for your e-mail regarding HB 5543. However, because I receive so many e-mail messages, letters, and calls, I must make the people of the 108th House District my top priority.

As of today this bill has not been considered in committee, but may be next week. Furthermore, I have not had an opportunity to form an opinion on this issue, but I will take your opinion into consideration while forming mine.

As a member of the Transportation committee, please be assured that I do review all e-mail, letters, and phone messages on a given subject or bill before it comes up for a vote.

Thank you again for your e-mail.

Thank you for contacting my office regarding House Bill 5543 on the Michigan Vehicle code. I appreciate you taking the time to contact me with your concerns.

As of January 11th of this year this bill was referred to the Committee on Transportation. Since I am on this committee I will make sure to take note of your email. You make many good points and I agree with you in being against this bill. It means a great deal to me that you participate in the legislative process by notifying my office of important issues. I am here to serve the best interests of my district, as well as the rest of the state, and will keep your ideas in mind when I vote.

In the meantime, please feel free to contact my office toll-free at 866/MOORE-97, within the district, or 517/373-8962 if you would like to discuss this or any other issue further.

Old 01-31-2006, 05:25 PM

md420, DJ, I'm more than down for helping and even donating.(decals!) I just got out of a meeting with my public defender, and it's amazing how they can work their magic, Patrick, did you write that letter, if so, it has many good points, and only a few grammar issue's

Old 01-31-2006, 05:28 PM

yeah michigan, the home of every muscle car wants to get rid of loud exhausts. the truth is the state has no money, and a high unemployment rate so the will ticket everyone with an exhaust just for the money if it passes. since i live in michigan, i am going to write numerous letters to all of those people.

Quick Reply: ATTN: michigan residents!!