The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Best spyware remover for win os uers

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 10:08 AM
HCF Member
Default Best spyware remover for win os uers

This excerpt is from a flash guru website (in a nut shell, these are guys who live and breath anything with a hard drive) inwhich is prasing the new MICROSOFT spyware and trojan/worm remover. Thats right MICROSOFT made one and its free for newer Windows OS users (basically if ya got newer verison of windows, you can get it for free. Read this persons excerpt to see why this new free program is super great.

" I never thought I would have something good to say about a Microsoft product, but here it goes.

I am a user of both Spybot Search & Destroy as well as Ad-Aware. When I ran Panda ActiveScan, an online virus scanner, a number of spyware and adware pieces came up in the search that were not found by Spybot nor Ad-aware. However, ActiveScan does not delete spyware and adware so I was left to remove each one by hand. Some of the files would not even allow themselves to be deleted.

When I first heard that Microsoft was producig a spyware remover program, I didn't think much of it, since I basically swore by Spybot and Ad-aware.

Now it all makes sense. Only Microsoft knows their system files. Only Microsoft knows if their code is tampered with. Only Microsoft can properly make an anti-spyware program for their operating system.

After hearing about Microsoft AntiSpyware once again on ABS Forums, I decided I would install it. The scan ran reasonably fast, and has settings for quick scans and full scans. The program has real-time protection and scheduled scans. It gives detailed descriptions of the found processes and mentions if they are known or unknown. For those who are familiar with HijackThis, this is a blessing. Microsoft AntiSpyware has Advanced Tools that do everything from list your current BHOs, hosts file, startup and running processes to privacy tools for both Microsoft and non-Microsoft programs.

For me, it found four real pieces of spyware and adware that were not found in Spybot or Ad-aware and not removed by ActiveScan.

The software is free for Windows users an I believe it is compatible with may versions of Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows Server 2003. Unfortunately, it does not work with older operating systems that really need it."

- www.Albinoblacksheep.com

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/i...areInstall.exe

Old 04-26-2005, 10:13 AM
Dan
Default RE: Best spyware remover for win os uers

Yeah i was beta testing it and it is surprisingly good for a microsoft product.

Old 04-26-2005, 10:14 AM
HCF Member

Oh btw, im using it and not only did spybot and adaware did not detect the stuff microsofts did, i was a die hard spyware doctor user and that didnt even get the stuff microsoft did!
I also use Hijackthis. But I could never get rid of 180search assistant... well, the new microsoft program did!

Old 04-26-2005, 05:43 PM
Cat Fuсker

I have a fun time removing the 180search almost every day. People just love dumping their garbage work to my desk. As of now I have 5 machines to clean up. Registry work is how I do it:-D

Old 04-26-2005, 05:44 PM

awesome man thanks bro

Old 04-27-2005, 07:18 AM

Thanks, it found 3 files on my computer that AVG didn't catch.