The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

BS on this guys Prelude

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 01:54 PM
HCF Member
Default BS on this guys Prelude

So i was at Advanced Auto Parts today. I went outside and i was sitting in my car tlaing on my phone. There is this sick Prelude parked to the right of me that i always see around town. An employes of AAP comes out and is like "Sick car!" we start talking, bullsh*tting about our cars, and he tells me the Prelude is his. Automatically he starts braggin the things up, says he just rebuilt the motor, i ask if its an H series, he saus yup, says its a 2.1 liter, which i dont know any 2.1 liter Honda engines first off. We walk over to his car, and he's got nitrous in there, says the nitrous adds about 200 more hp......WHAAAT? haha he's got like 7 gauges up on his dashboard and his whole interior has a carbon fiber theme, i mean its a really sick car and evrything, but then the kicker, he says its runs 9's. I'm gonna havta say BS on the majority of it. Yea, i know its fast and i know its got nitrous (i saw the bottle), but 2.1 liter, and 9's? And just the general way he talked about it kinda seemed like he was talking it up.

EDIT: forgot to add its a 91, which has a B series crrect?

Old 08-05-2007, 02:04 PM
Default RE: BS on this guys Prelude

it might run 9's in the 1/8th...

Old 08-05-2007, 02:05 PM
HCF Member

Its not totally implausible.

The older preludes had a non-vtec b21a1 engine good for 145 hp.

These engines weren't thr first choice for honda enthusiasts though, because of better performing h and b series engines.

Old 08-05-2007, 02:11 PM
HCF Member

wow, Byers where you been?

the bull**** part was he said he was at like 220hp, then the nitrous added an EXTRA 200hp haha i had to try not to laugh, unless he really is pumpin a 200 shot in there whihc would be quite impressive

EDIT: the other thing he said was like "The engine i have is so good that they are still putting these into 2001 - 2003 Civics". I was like oh......yeeeeeeeah, thats pretty good man.....so idk

Old 08-05-2007, 02:29 PM
Cat Fuсker

there are now TWO ricers in that town

Old 08-05-2007, 02:36 PM
HCF Member

f*ck you

Old 08-05-2007, 02:38 PM
HCF Member

^lol, and don't worry, he most likely bought the car with everything done, and now he's says what he thinks the car is. which is just funny, but it happens a lot.

Old 08-05-2007, 02:40 PM
HCF Member

Slap fight in aisle 3...

Old 08-05-2007, 03:44 PM
HCF Member

You should have asked to to see his bottle. If he had the bottle, then ask to see the Nitrous nozzles. With a 200 shot of spray you have to spray the fuel/N2O together with a direct port kit. You would see the nitrous nozzles and all the plumbing like a sore thumb.

Old 08-05-2007, 03:46 PM
Super Cereal Admin

ORIGINAL: Roto

there are now TWO ricers in that town
rofl

but dont' worry, flip.. I know people like that. You know, the kind of people that just talk out of their asses. My one friend lies aboutcarsjust to hear himself talk (one of my favorite stories of hiswas about a supra and a skyline that somehow magically switched paint jobs halfway through the story... and let's not forget about how tiny the pistons are in "V12" skylines rofl). I just pretend to agree with what he's saying and laugh about it with everyone else that was there when the guy leaves.

Quick Reply: BS on this guys Prelude