The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Burned out on modding my Civic. Here's why.

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 08:45 PM
HCF Member
Default Burned out on modding my Civic. Here's why.

I went from an Acura Integra, to a Civic...big mistake While I appreciate the Honda Civic for being the pillar of reliability that it is, it seems that no modification except for an engine swap is going to make this thing any less dull than it already is. I mean, I've added a cold air intake and strut bars, and this thing still doesn't come close to my Integra for power/handling/fun. Now I know that I/H/E are pretty much seat-of-the-pants upgrades, but it just seems silly to me to try and mod an already slow car. Buy a car with *****, and mod from there...now that's the way to go.

And the whole engine swap thing doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Why go through the trouble and cost of swapping, when you could just buy a car that came with a strong motor in the first place?

Sigh, I'm just burned out on my slow poke 127 HP Civic already, and dream of owning a car with some actual grunt one day. It pisses me off that Honda couldn't sacrifice a little expense and a few miles to the gallon, and put a motor that actually gets this car off the line in a timely fashion. Maybe I'll stick to motorcycles.

Old 12-08-2005, 08:56 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Burned out on modding my Civic. Here's why.

i no what you mean kinda...i couldent afford a si or whatever when i bought my civic and now i have the little dx that could, i have a intake and exhust but theres really no point in modding the motor because how much more power am i actually going to get out of it, its a economy motor...so for now im just putting money into the looks of it for the next summer then when the motor dies (if it ever dies) im planning on doing the k20 swap, if i even have enoph money to throw around...but it sucks your getting out of it

Old 12-08-2005, 08:59 PM

*cough*boost*cough*

Swaps are good because they are cheaper than buying the actual car, and because civics tend to weigh less then cars their engines come from. And if you want the style of a civic, but the power of an integra, well, that's your only option. Also, I've found it's a lot easier to find integra engines than it is to find integras.

Old 12-08-2005, 09:01 PM
HCF Member

if you don't mind me asking why did you get rid of the Teggy??

Old 12-08-2005, 09:30 PM

Yeh, maybe you should just buy a Maclaren or something similar.

Old 12-08-2005, 09:44 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: ngoti8tor

Yeh, maybe you should just buy a Maclaren or something similar.
I don't want a McClaren, just a nice 5 economical speed with good looks, and power on tap. Integra/NSX/Civic SI fit the bill, standard Civic does not. Fiirkan, I sold it because the car was 15 years old and I didn't feel like keeping up with the maintenance anymore.

Not knocking Civics in any way whatsoever, I still appreciate the car for what it is...but it just lacks sexyness and excitement, that's all. It's too utilitarian.

Old 12-08-2005, 10:53 PM
HCF Member

Aren't the NSX and the new Si 6 speed?

CAI and strut bars and you are ready to pack it in, huh? Yeah, I guess that would burn anybody out.

it just seems silly to me to try and mod an already slow car
It seems silly to me to mod an already fast car.

It pisses me off that Honda couldn't sacrifice a little expense and a few miles to the gallon, and put a motor that actually gets this car off the line in a timely fashion
Yeah, they obviously have no idea what they are doing.

Old 12-08-2005, 10:55 PM
HCF Member

you dont have to swap. If you built the bottom end of that car you could boost it to 250-275hp, and rape a teggy.

but hey your a quitter, i see how it is.

Old 12-09-2005, 01:07 AM

ORIGINAL: Toppers

Not knocking Civics in any way whatsoever, I still appreciate the car for what it is...but it just lacks sexyness and excitement, that's all. It's too utilitarian.
This is true. I know I can't get a girl to even glance at the most dinged up, jank, afro-rigged 7th gen in St. Louis. But I love the fact that I can spank an LS1 in something that I built myself. And I don't exactly see what sexyness and excitement a Civic doesn't have that a 90 Integra would.

Old 12-09-2005, 01:50 AM
HCF Member

Sigh, I'm just burned out on my slow poke 127 HP
127 HP! You're blessed man! Don't even get me started. You don't know what the word slow means.

Afro-rigged, GREAT word I haven't heard in a while. Thanks Se7en.

Quick Reply: Burned out on modding my Civic. Here's why.