The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Cable TV

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 11:06 AM
HCF Member
Default Cable TV

So I am getting ready to move into my apartment next month and I have been going through all the things I need to set up. Comcast seems to have the monopoly in town, and making me not want cable. Anyhow, for non-digital expanded basic they want 52.99 in the area vs. 53.99 for digital? Whats up with that??. It looks like they want you to just say screw it and paythe extra dollar for digitalso they can make money onONDEMAND.I can't have dish as they cannot mount the dish to the building and Fios is not yet available. Was wondering if you guys knew of anyway of getting cable at a cheaper price. I was considering calling them and saying I heard of a special blah, blah, blah... but I dont know if thats gonna work. Any help out there?

Old 06-27-2007, 11:23 AM
Stinky Administrator
Default RE: Cable TV

dude i have comcast too, basic same price my neighbor just got digital and for the $53.99 you only get 4 more channels [:'(]

Old 06-27-2007, 11:37 AM
HCF Member

My parents have Dish Network. I think they pay only 45 a month for all5 of our tv's. Thats another thing, if you get digital they chg an extra 8 a month for another box. Its going to be my girl and I and incase she is watching something I dont like, it would be nice to have another TV set up.I mean I dont need digital but fricken 52.99 for non-digital seems a bit steep[sm=smiley21.gif]Anybody work for comcast that knows some "ways around" could help out, that would be awesome.

Old 06-27-2007, 11:41 AM
Administrator

where do you live? im still living off of the comcast 3 for 99.99 deal, cable, internet, and phone and im not REALLY happy about it, but its not bad

Old 06-27-2007, 11:52 AM
HCF Member

Currently I live in Avalon, NJ, but I will be moving to Bryn Mawr, PA [right outside Philly]. The thing is, we really dont need phone (we have cell phones) and I was planning on getting internet through verizon dsl. once again... cheaper than cable.

Old 06-27-2007, 01:19 PM
HCF Member

idk wut we pay but i got Comcast, and i love it . The internet speed is great and the tv quality is awsome, no detecting signal or anything.

Old 06-27-2007, 04:39 PM
HCF Member

digital cablehas more options that you can add on and pay for of course.imoget a high-def tv and go HD. youll never go back.

Old 06-27-2007, 07:09 PM
HCF Member

if you get a cool seller represented and your nice with him, he'll probably hook up with a discount, that's what my brother does. My bro works as seller in comcast and when people callhim up in angry moodand just keep asking for discounts he just gaves them the regular price[&:]

Old 06-27-2007, 09:13 PM

we got hooked up for highspeed internet and the guy offered for 20 bucks to take the filter off for cable, I said that would be dishonest and i dont think i could do that, then i took the filter off. 3 years and still runnin ha ha ha!

Old 06-27-2007, 09:13 PM

the reason why analog (regular) is so high is cause they don't want you to get it since in 2009 everything is switching to digital cable. I suggest digital even if you don't use on demand its easier to look through the listings for whats on.

and dragon is right once you go hd nothing else compares.. I got a panasonic 50 inch plasma with hd love it ( i sell tv's for a retail store)

in my area comcast is awesome wish i had it alot more hd channels then i get..

Quick Reply: Cable TV