The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Car Broken Into

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 06:48 AM
Default Car Broken Into

Anyone ever had their cars broken into? Last night my civic and my fathers truck were broken into and their stereos were stolen. They got a graphic calc out of mine too. If anyone has any advice as to what to do, please post up.

Old 02-16-2006, 07:18 AM
Default RE: Car Broken Into

I have had my old beretta broken into 2 times. First time they stole my cd's, a dual 12" speaker box, and 2 6x9's. The second time they stole my 6" speakers. They never got my cd player though i bolted that in there with tons of bolts. I eventually found out who stole my stuff the first time (it was my friends brother). Couple of days later we went to his house and i got back 90% of my cd's and a bunch more for the box and speakers that were not there. Just ask around and you might get lucky like me.

Old 02-16-2006, 07:53 AM

I just recesently(sp) had my civic broken into i got lucky because they didn't steal anything but still they busted the window and attempted to steal the car.
Name:  DSC03391.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  49.8 KB

Name:  DSC03392.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  43.5 KB

Sorry to repost these pics

Old 02-16-2006, 08:00 AM

Damn, if I could count the times I've been broke into. All I can say is 90% of the time it's someone you know, or someone close to someone you know. Very rarely do people break into random cars for that sort of thing. Most of the time they know what the are going after. Check around with you friends, see who's been bragging.

Old 02-16-2006, 08:27 AM
HCF Member

get an alarm, a good one. Viper is my highest recommendation.

Old 02-16-2006, 08:51 AM
HCF Member

If you have an alarm....check it EVERY time it goes off. Some times crooks like to test how fast they have to work before someone checks out what the noise is. That plus its good to let people know you're paying attention.
Now I wonder if my neighbors think it's weird that I come outside with a flashlight and gun at my side???[sm=shootshoot.gif]

Old 02-16-2006, 08:55 AM
HCF Member

Yeah I had my alarm in my truck set off 3 days in a roll. Then on the 4th my mp3,sub, and amp was stolen.

Old 02-16-2006, 09:25 AM
HCF Member

Atleast you still have you car though.My father runs an auto repair shop so i work out alot just to let people know that if someones car or my car gets messed with it isnt going to be pretty.also I am a smoker so at anytime during the night i am outside
looking around.Do to this fact alot of nice cars are left for major or minor work.Also you might want to tell the police so they can step up patrols.See about starting or getting into community watch kind of watch me and i will watch you thing.Get a car cover that what i do it blends in at night with other cars and i sort of think it detours people.

Old 02-16-2006, 09:56 AM

+1 for viper alarm. get it and they will stop messing with it. just make sure u check it when it goes off.

Old 02-16-2006, 10:00 AM

my car was stolen in the middle of the night in front of my bedroom window. it was a 94 civic sedan that i was setting up for a show this summer. the most valuable thing on it was maybe my performance computer that i got for christmas and my stereo system, and an si stereo console that i just put in, other than that it was a beater. i;m definitely going to find out who did it, and i'm definitiely going to crack some heads

Quick Reply: Car Broken Into