HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/lounge-71/)
-   -   In-car Camera Laws... (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/lounge-71/car-camera-laws-34680/)

windcalmer 12-19-2006 04:04 PM

In-car Camera Laws...

I just got to thinking about my camera mount and was wondering. Is it legal to have a camera mounted in your car? I live in GA and I know the laws are different in every state, but just in general. What do you guys and girls know/think???

AgentofDarkness 12-19-2006 04:06 PM

RE: In-car Camera Laws...

I don't see why it would be illegal

Fiirkan 12-19-2006 04:11 PM

^ what he said... it can actually be helpful in some ways. like if you were in an accident then you have it on film

addiction2bass 12-19-2006 04:25 PM

ya thiers no way it could be illegal......
its just a camera...... now if you have a bright light on it aiming towards your rear.LOL blinding people would be a problem at night...

but i wouldnt leave it in thier unless it was hidden.... just due to theft...

cderalow 12-19-2006 04:39 PM

as long as you're not using it film something illegal, here's no reason you can't have a camera mounted in your vehicle

StifflersMom 12-19-2006 05:13 PM

These are opinions...someone should look up the actual laws

cderalow 12-19-2006 05:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Roto

These are opinions...someone should look up the actual laws
all i could come up with was stop light/speeding cameras and legislation regarding the admissibility of police in car camera footage to court

addiction2bass 12-19-2006 05:21 PM

well figure this...... cops have cameras in thier squad cars almost everywhere now......

its just thier for peoples protection.....
lets say your stoped at a stop light and someone runs the light infront of you and causes a accident.... poof you got video evidence ;)

thiers no copy rights are real life......... and cameras are everywhere!!!!!!

windcalmer 12-19-2006 06:26 PM

ORIGINAL: cderalow

all i could come up with was stop light/speeding cameras and legislation regarding the admissibility of police in car camera footage to court
That was my problem too. I called the non-emergency police line and the girl didn't know what color the sky was. I think I am gonna have to go to the court house and ask around. I know it sounds like I am taking this too seriously, but I like to know my rights. I also try to keep copies of every law that might apply to me. That way if I get stopped I can provide the cop with a copy of the law and hopefully not get a ticket.

I have gotten pulled over for a few things that were not illegal and showed the officer that they were not illegal and still got a ticket. However when I went into court and showed the judge the copy of the law that I showed the officer, the cop got a slap on the wrist for wasting the courts time and I got off. Not that I like getting cops in trouble mind you. I just dont think they should get away with bullying tuners and letting rednecks get away with anything.

Sorry for the rant. Thanks for the info guys. I will let you know what I find out tomorrow after I get back from the court house.

SPLAT 12-19-2006 06:38 PM

I know in N.Y. its ok, but if your pulled over by a cop, by lawyou have to tell him
that you have a video cam and your tapeing this.
Trust me they will not like you anybetter, i know this because i asked a year ago.