The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

In-car Camera Laws...

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 04:04 PM
HCF Member
Default In-car Camera Laws...

I just got to thinking about my camera mount and was wondering. Is it legal to have a camera mounted in your car? I live in GA and I know the laws are different in every state, but just in general. What do you guys and girls know/think???

Old 12-19-2006, 04:06 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: In-car Camera Laws...

I don't see why it would be illegal

Old 12-19-2006, 04:11 PM
HCF Member

^ what he said... it can actually be helpful in some ways. like if you were in an accident then you have it on film

Old 12-19-2006, 04:25 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya thiers no way it could be illegal......
its just a camera...... now if you have a bright light on it aiming towards your rear.LOL blinding people would be a problem at night...

but i wouldnt leave it in thier unless it was hidden.... just due to theft...

Old 12-19-2006, 04:39 PM

as long as you're not using it film something illegal, here's no reason you can't have a camera mounted in your vehicle

Old 12-19-2006, 05:13 PM
Cat Fuсker

These are opinions...someone should look up the actual laws

Old 12-19-2006, 05:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Roto

These are opinions...someone should look up the actual laws
all i could come up with was stop light/speeding cameras and legislation regarding the admissibility of police in car camera footage to court

Old 12-19-2006, 05:21 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well figure this...... cops have cameras in thier squad cars almost everywhere now......

its just thier for peoples protection.....
lets say your stoped at a stop light and someone runs the light infront of you and causes a accident.... poof you got video evidence

thiers no copy rights are real life......... and cameras are everywhere!!!!!!

Old 12-19-2006, 06:26 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: cderalow

all i could come up with was stop light/speeding cameras and legislation regarding the admissibility of police in car camera footage to court
That was my problem too. I called the non-emergency police line and the girl didn't know what color the sky was. I think I am gonna have to go to the court house and ask around. I know it sounds like I am taking this too seriously, but I like to know my rights. I also try to keep copies of every law that might apply to me. That way if I get stopped I can provide the cop with a copy of the law and hopefully not get a ticket.

I have gotten pulled over for a few things that were not illegal and showed the officer that they were not illegal and still got a ticket. However when I went into court and showed the judge the copy of the law that I showed the officer, the cop got a slap on the wrist for wasting the courts time and I got off. Not that I like getting cops in trouble mind you. I just dont think they should get away with bullying tuners and letting rednecks get away with anything.

Sorry for the rant. Thanks for the info guys. I will let you know what I find out tomorrow after I get back from the court house.

Old 12-19-2006, 06:38 PM
HCF Member

I know in N.Y. its ok, but if your pulled over by a cop, by lawyou have to tell him
that you have a video cam and your tapeing this.
Trust me they will not like you anybetter, i know this because i asked a year ago.

Quick Reply: In-car Camera Laws...