The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

car got towed, now it has a salvage title...can i still get it back???

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 10:43 AM
Default car got towed, now it has a salvage title...can i still get it back???

hey...my civic is registered in pa where i live. i was driving down to maryland when it broke down on the road. i had it towed to a friends apartment complex in frederick maryland where he said he could fix it. well, he never did and ended up moving and never telling me the car was still just sitting in the apartment lot. the apartment ppl had it towed and the towing company, per their rules, held it for 30 days and then sent it to a salvage yard with a salvage title. i never knew any of this was happening since i'm in pa and the car is in md and i was relying on this guy to get it fixed and keep me updated on his status.

anyway, is it possible to still get the car back, assuming it hasn't been disposed of?

i'm not sure what costs i'm going to be charged for towing or storage. if it's going to be way more than the car is worth (about $500 since the engine is shot), i just want to leave it at the salvage yard but i'm not sure what process i have to go through to give up ownership of the car.

anyone been in a similar situation?

Old 10-10-2006, 11:22 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: car got towed, now it has a salvage title...can i still get it back???

THe charges for storage are going to get you. The car isnt worth what you are going to pay for it to get it out.

Old 10-10-2006, 11:50 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: car got towed, now it has a salvage title...can i still get it back???

Somewhere after 30 days they consider it abandoned and you legally may not be the owner until you pay the towing company off. Your friend gave you the shaft big time. Sorry guy[:@]