The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Cars you love to hate

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 12:58 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Cars you love to hate

Eh, Have you seen the vid of the new vo-vo xc90 SUV?
I'm not doubting that the Volvo SUV might be the safest one out now, but I'm guessing that since they're new they weren't on the market a couple years ago, or making them a non-factor in the study I read about.. Volvo overall has amazing safety. Those things are like tanks.

What exactly do you hate about luxury cars?
Cute little post trying to undermine my opinion while boosting yours, but since you asked:
1. I do hate all the stupid gizmos that "remember" my seat adjustments just the way I like it. They're dumb and pointless. Dumb, why you may ask? Well, morning I like to ride high because I'm getting the day underway. Afternoons after work I like to slouch a bit and get comfy for the traffic on the way home. Point is, I don't always like my seat the same way all the time. It's not like manually adjusting my seat is going to kill me either. All those switches, motors, relays, etc. have to offer is a costly bill when they quit working, which they will.

2. The things that "help me drive more safely." I read in Car&Driver that Mercedes was mounting a feedback laser on one of its models so when cruise control is on you won't get closer than one hundred yards, or feet, I can't recall which, to the car in front of you. Are you kidding me? Here's a thought, maybe you shoudln't be using cruise control when traffic conditions are so heavy that you are required to slow down rather than pass. The turning headlights kill me too. If it's that sharp of a turn, perhaps driving more slowly is a better idea than relying on your headlights to peek around corners. People need to learn how to drive rather than expecting their gem stone of a car to. Another thing, those god damned interractive computers you find in beamers. It has a map, so what? My Thomas Brothers has gotten me around fine for the past five years. Oh, wait, I forgot real time traffic reports which you can receive......................for a fee. But the radio gives out free traffic reports probably every minute through various stations.

3. Traction control systems. Whenever I drive my friend's GTI, I always turn off his wheel power ratio diverter or whatever it's called. That thing has nearly gotten me killed on more than one occassion. I'll be damned if I'm going to have some ECU controlling the power and not me. If you can't drive a car in various weather conditions without this crap, then I don't feel you should be driving at all.

4. The comfortable room you seem to believe only luxury cars offer. Some words come to mind: Camry, Saturn, our beloved Civic, Spectra, Taurus, etc. Luxury doesn't necessarily mean more room...........................G35 Coupe, SC430, etc.

The only thing I could vouch for on luxury cars is the heated seats you mention. Northern Europe in the winter is a bit chilly. But I'm in So Cal, and my sheep skins treat me fine.

Glad you get it now.

Old 09-15-2005, 12:59 AM
HCF Member

And oh yeah, Escutos are sweet Sacicons! Is that a personal pic?

Old 09-15-2005, 02:40 AM
HCF Member

I can relate to almost everything you said Mad7, except the turning headlights. I think that's a great idea. And the gps systems are dope.

Traction control is for women.

What's the deal with that Suzuki?

Old 09-15-2005, 06:25 AM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: LEVIII

ORIGINAL: Mossy

any suzuki,
DOHHHH............
Is that made out of cardboard??

Old 09-15-2005, 06:35 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

no, that car is one of the most bad *** rally cars ever, imo. Haven't you people ever played Gran Tourismo 3?

Anywho, Pt Cruisers, Subaru's new take on the el camino, Neon's... yeah i could talk about cars i hated all day long

Old 09-15-2005, 07:17 AM
Cat Fuсker

I hate Azteks too...and Chevrolet HHR's

Old 09-15-2005, 08:20 AM

Ok first off PT Cruisers and Azteks, any "luxury" SUV if you paid so much that you won't take it off road and get it dirty you're a moron. Neons, any even those SRT's, I just hate neons, I'm sure there's more just not coming to mind at the moment.

Old 09-15-2005, 08:59 AM
HCF Member

VW Beetles, PT cruisers, neons (except the SRT-4, the only thing i dont like about those is the back is perched higher than the front), the ford focus, and i dont hate minivans, but i hate driving them.

Old 09-15-2005, 10:23 AM
HCF Member

Chevrolet HHR's
Yeah, Chevy and Chrysler are trying resurrect the Third Reich or something with their vehicle designs.

Old 09-15-2005, 10:24 AM
HCF Member

Mercedes Benz (the whole company) and Mitsu Eclipses

Quick Reply: Cars you love to hate