The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

cartoon protest

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 07:05 PM
Default cartoon protest

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060208/...ophet_drawings

here is the main story. has anyone els herd about this?

better yet, does anyone know how to get there hands on the cartoons? i want to see what all the fuss is about.

Old 02-07-2006, 07:11 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: cartoon protest

We talked about this in government today. The fuss is that a Denmark cartoonist made a cartoon depicting and insulting the prophet. I'm muslim, so i know that this is a big no no. That cartoonist has pissed off alot of people, im not at all surprised that protests of this magnitude have occurd. Do you guys remember when interigators (sp) at Guantanimo Bay burned copies of the Quran? I think this one has been worse. I told my teacher that American newpapers has published it (right before he was going to say he was glad that no American newspapers posted it) and he was not happy about it, this might cause a whole bunch of problems.

Old 02-07-2006, 07:15 PM

^ dont mean to **** you off. but i want to see these toons.... i dont think it can really be all that bad.

Old 02-07-2006, 07:17 PM
HCF Member

+1

Old 02-07-2006, 07:19 PM
HCF Member

I haven't seen them, but i wanna see the but then i don't. I've heard from my teacher that one of the pictures is depicting the prophet with a turbin on, but when you look closly at the turbine it is actually a bomb. I find that highly offensive because it paints a very negative of the religon as a whole. I can see when you are showing a group of muslims as terrorists, but when you imply that the prophet himself is a terrorists, that is going to0 far. And the you is not meant toward you pirate, its meant toward the dude that made the cartoon.

Old 02-07-2006, 07:27 PM

ORIGINAL: AgentofDarkness

I haven't seen them, but i wanna see the but then i don't. I've heard from my teacher that one of the pictures is depicting the prophet with a turbin on, but when you look closly at the turbine it is actually a bomb. I find that highly offensive because it paints a very negative of the religon as a whole. I can see when you are showing a group of muslims as terrorists, but when you imply that the prophet himself is a terrorists, that is going to0 far. And the you is not meant toward you pirate, its meant toward the dude that made the cartoon.

HAHAHA not at your views, but at the cartoon, I mean, all in all, cartoons should be funny shouldn't they?

Old 02-07-2006, 07:37 PM

Danish businesses are losing 1+million dollars a day. The estimated loss for the year is 1.6 billion.

Old 02-07-2006, 07:43 PM
HCF Member

Are you saying that Danish buisnesses are losing money because of the cartoon? Elaborate plz.

Old 02-07-2006, 08:12 PM

ORIGINAL: AgentofDarkness

. I find that highly offensive because it paints a very negative of the religon as a whole.
I think those idiotic extremists have pretty much established a very negative image of Islam in a coarse of the last decade. Yes the cartoons are highly insensitive and offensive, but their violent response was uncalled for (it's apparent to me that those rioters are mentally stuck in middle ages, based on their behavior)

I also have a few issues:

1. You don't see americans or europeans going ape **** when islamic extremists burn their flags

2. They want to execute the cartoonist for that? I thought Islam was a religion of peace....

3. Why aren't islamic leaders doing anything to stop this violence

4. It's ****ed how these people think that a cartoon is the ultimate insult and flying an airliner into a building to kill 3,000 people is the righteous work of God

5. These people just wait for the Western civilization to fart the wrong way and call it an outrage

These are also the reasons why I'm against the war in Iraq. Saddam kept it all under control - not that he's gone, it's a chaos. There is no way that damocracy is ever going to work over there, because damocracy depends on freedom. Freedom is in turn dependant on tolerance, which these radicals lack.

Bottom line is that Danes should have machine-gunned all of those that destroyed their property (embassies), just like the French did in '79

BTW, here's a link to the cartoons http://www.home.no/gef/Mo_Cartoons.jpg

Old 02-07-2006, 08:27 PM
HCF Member

more politics!!!1 YEAAAHHAHAHAHHAH BABEE!11

the thing about politics is that you nevAr mix in religion, because both are volitile.

christian americans are no different from european muslims. you start poking fun at their gawd and you start getting death threats.

Quick Reply: cartoon protest