The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Cigar Smokers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 06:38 AM
Default Cigar Smokers?

Anyone brother's of the lead here?

Old 09-22-2010, 06:45 AM
HCF Member

I mainly smoke Blender's Gold maduro robustos, but make sure you get the single pack ones. The ones in the 10 pack are completely dry, aren't packed well, and taste like you're smoking a rope wrapped in news print. The single ones also come with a nifty little cedar casket thingy, while the 10 packs are just shrink-wrapped together.

Old 09-22-2010, 06:54 AM

Can't say I've heard of those but there are way too many brands out there. I'm a big Ashton, Padron, and La Flor Dominicana fan.

Anybody has any cigar related questions...please don't hesitate to ask. I've worked in a cigar shop(s) for the last 6 years.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:27 AM
HCF Member

Not suprising, I think they're a specialty brand only sold at Walgreens.

Something interesting I found was that the single ones are from Nicaragua, and the 10 pack ones are from Honduras. Maybe that's the difference.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:39 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

I enjoy a good cigar, but don't know ANYTHING about them. Mostly only smoke them on special occasions, sometimes while golfing, and best of all, with a nice glass of whiskey or scotch.

The only brand that even comes to mind that I kinda know of is Acid, and that might not even be the brand, I dont know?

Old 09-22-2010, 09:58 AM
July 2010 ROTM

i like to smoke a black and mild while i sip on some thunderbird and smack my bitch around. honestly tho, i bought a romeo y julieta while i was in mexico like ten years ago and it wasnt very good. havent smoked a cigar since.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Forty04
I enjoy a good cigar, but don't know ANYTHING about them. Mostly only smoke them on special occasions, sometimes while golfing, and best of all, with a nice glass of whiskey or scotch.

The only brand that even comes to mind that I kinda know of is Acid, and that might not even be the brand, I dont know?
ACID cigars are a pretty novel idea. The tobacco actually sits for months in these curing rooms filled with different ****es, herbs, etc and the flavors are infused into the cigar making for a quite an interesting smoking experience.

BUT to some people, especially the guys that have been smoking or in the business for a long time, don't consider them "real" cigars due to how they are made. A "real" cigar should be 100% tobacco and nothing else added, infused, etc.

I would go to your local shop and pickup either an Ashton or Padron. Should be able to get either for under $10 depending on the type and size. Both great mild smokes and that will not sit on your tongue all day.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:57 PM
HCF Member

I like the taste of the Acid Kuba Kuba. But i also like Padron, Davidoff, 5 Vegas Gold, Montecristo Media Noche, Macanudo Gold, Cohiba, CAO, Rocky Patel,s, Romeo y Julieta and Partagas Black. Im sure there are some that i am missing. But thats a short list off the top of my head. I have a nice collection at home.

Old 09-23-2010, 05:10 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Thanks for the tips and recommendations. If you're ever in need, I would certainly be happy to provide the same type of knowledge on beer, as that is where my expertise lies

I've had the Romeo y Julieta too a while back, I remember it being really good! (Again, cigar newb speaking haha)

Old 09-23-2010, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by silver2000civic
I like the taste of the Acid Kuba Kuba. But i also like Padron, Davidoff, 5 Vegas Gold, Montecristo Media Noche, Macanudo Gold, Cohiba, CAO, Rocky Patel,s, Romeo y Julieta and Partagas Black. Im sure there are some that i am missing. But thats a short list off the top of my head. I have a nice collection at home.
I keep a cabinet humidor at home that def does not have the stash it used too. A stint of unemployment and going between several jobs after a few months puts a burden on the cigar budget.

I dig on the Davidoff too when I feel like splurging. They just put out a new one called Puro D'oro. If you can find it, try it! Great smoke.

Quick Reply: Cigar Smokers?