The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

DAMN chi-town roads

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 07:32 AM
Default DAMN chi-town roads

ok so i make a trip to the chi every weekend from my house in Michigan, normally it's expected that something breaks or goes bad on the return trip home, that's just how it is. The roads in chicago and the interstate there are terrible, one time i hit a pot hole that knocked my car out of alignment and pushed me 3 lanes over. One time i blew 2 radiator hoses at one time. And this time My damn bumper fell off! Before i left i saw my fron bumper was sagging a little, I didnt have the time to fix it right so i threw some zip-ties on it, Jspec mother effer! and hoped it would hold......NOPE! sure as hell not so i was goin down I-94 and hit a LITTLE bump and i heard it scraping, hoping it was only on one side. so i rode it like that til the next exit. i got off the exit and pulled into th gas station. Did you know that at 2pm in the ghetto it is still dark??? so, i get out and look at my bumper, HANGING UNDER MY CAR!!!!! i went in and asked the hadgies if the had a phillips head screw driver, all I got for an answer was Bljalybavytlvytblsynbls...... some junk I didn't understand. so i was stuck in the parking lot with my thumb in my *** tryin to figure out how the hell im gonna A) fix it or B) take it off and cram it in my back seat. Well i was thinkin about asking the nearest person for a screwdriver or plyers. The nearest person was a wino. so what the hell i asked him anyway, and sure enough....HE HAD PLYERS!!!! So I got it off and went home. My car looks like anus. My JDM bumper is pretty much ruined.

Old 04-10-2006, 07:38 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: DAMN chi-town roads

Hey it might be the wind.

Old 04-10-2006, 07:48 AM

Yea probablythe roads are so bad tho, they have been doin 3 years of construction....WTF are they doing out there???

Old 04-10-2006, 07:55 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

heh, I feel your pain. Theres an old saying in Michigan...

"Theres really only two seasons here in Michigan, winter, and construction..."

Old 04-10-2006, 07:57 AM

hahahaha i never heard that before hahahaha i live in Edwardsburg Mi

Old 04-10-2006, 07:59 AM
HCF Member

Chi=windy city

Old 04-10-2006, 10:30 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: Crook_EG8

hahahaha i never heard that before hahahaha i live in Edwardsburg Mi
Then you know how true it really is

Old 04-10-2006, 06:00 PM
Stinky Administrator

i know you all have it bad but knoxville is a close second. hell next year they are going to shut down i-40 thru town and the only way around is going to be i-640 the city bypass. oh boy i can't wait they have had i-40 messed up for years hell knoxville's official vehicle is a dump truck. our official tree is a orange barrel. and they are calling this smart fix 40 hahahaha yeah right

Old 04-10-2006, 09:16 PM
Recognized HCF Member

dude that sucks a$$ can the bumper be fixed? at least you saved it and didnt totaly loose it

Old 04-11-2006, 07:03 AM

yea i got it back on LATE last night, the mounts were burned off so i had to ghetto that **** on, but it isn't goin anywhere now lol. also when i lifted it up i found out my camber was off 6 deg on one side and 8 on the other. I have Skunk2 adjustable camber kit so it was an easy fix but man i was pissed! those roads blow!

Quick Reply: DAMN chi-town roads