The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

dayum...anyone in San Diego know how much this is going to cost?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 05:42 PM
HCF Member
Default dayum...anyone in San Diego know how much this is going to cost?

I got nabbed in Vista this morning (speed trap). I was going 21 over on one of those streets whose speed limit is stupidly slow. I'm not going to fight it, because I know I was speeding, and I'm not the type to bs my way out of trouble. Sucka didn't catch my tint...hehehe!

I've been Googling around and I've heard mention in CA about the penalty being $13 for each mile over. Does this vary by city? If not, what's the going rate?

This is my first ticket so I'm going to see if I can get into traffic school to get it off my record. I still have to pay the fine though.

And this weekend ladies and gentlemen, don't drink and drive, buckle up, and watch out for the speed traps! I passed a ton more today [>:] They're watching you...

Old 09-02-2005, 05:45 PM
Default RE: dayum...anyone in San Diego know how much this is going to cost?

ORIGINAL: shellebelle
I'm not going to fight it, because I know I was speeding, and I'm not the type to bs my way out of trouble. Sucka didn't catch my tint...hehehe!
You mean they don't write how much it's gonna cost on the ticket? (I'd fight it just because of that.)

Make sure you tell the judge about your tint.......might as well be truthful all the way here!

Old 09-02-2005, 05:58 PM
HCF Member

No, he said I'd get something in the mail. My tax dollars pay for them cops, and they don't even do math any more!

Old 09-02-2005, 06:03 PM

math seems to no longer be a requirement for a lot of jobs, like cashiering, accounting, engineering, etc. you could probably call the county courthouse and ask them?

Old 09-03-2005, 08:47 PM

the ticket for speeding is a lot expensive in san diego than it is in san bernadino. i was clock 80, 15 miles over the speed limit. i paid 130-160 i think wasnt to sure. I think in san diego it could be over $200

Old 09-04-2005, 07:53 AM

goto court and see if they will reduce the fine

Old 09-04-2005, 10:38 AM
HCF Member

What would I say to reduce the fine? What kind of pity party would I have to throw for myself?

I did some Googling and I've seen mention of $13 for each mile over. That works out to $273 (I was 21 over). Ouch. But I should be able to take traffic school to get it off my record at least.

And this stupid ticket has RUINED driving for me, at least this weekend. I haven't sped once (I guess that's what they want to happen) but it's like Big Brother big time. I don't know where they're hiding and it sucks because traffic moves pretty quickly around here. It's a good 5 miles from my house before the road is divided. I hate holding up traffic. I'm the only person in the family who moves to the right if I see faster traffic coming.

Old 09-04-2005, 07:36 PM

after a month you'll forget about the ticket and you'll speed again. trust me

Old 09-05-2005, 11:16 AM
HCF Member

Yeah, it's easing up a bit. There's some really fun twisties on the road that goes to my house that I can get through pretty quickly because I have years of practice. Everyone else slams on their brakes and is stupid through there. Anyway, I was bad yesterday and had some fun there and it made me feel better.

I've noticed that as long as you're with a pack of people and not making yourself obvious you can more or less get away with speeding. I wasn't with a pack on Friday, but most other times I am.

Old 10-22-2005, 09:40 AM
HCF Member

Let's see, it's now a month and a half later and I received the notice LAST NIGHT. Can't do a whole lot without your case number, eh?

Ticket is $186, but the court fee is $214 if I want to take traffic school. And they want it all, INCLUDING the certificate of traffic school completion by Halloween. The letter is postmarked 10/19. In the itty bitty print on their website it appears that you can get a 60 day extension to get the certificate in if you pay everything by the court date. If my assumption is correct, I'm marching in there on Monday to pay my $400 and making a smartass remark about their stupid system.

Purdy dumb that they wait so long to let you know what to do. I could have had this taken care of weeks ago.

And in the list of approved traffic schools half of them have the word "Comedy" in the business name. What the heck is up with this? Do they send you through your drudgery via slapstick humor?