The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Disappointment @ Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 04:04 AM
Default Disappointment @ Dealers

So I'd been in discussion with a local dealer for the last couple of weeks about purchasing their remaining 2007 Si Sedan w/Navi & Summer Tires, and arranged to go for a test drive/sign the deal on Saturday/put a $1500 deposit on it.

So I arrive at said dealer at the appointed time on Saturday, only to find out that a salesman allowed another customer to test drive the car, despite having a large SOLD sign in the window.

Said customer, gets t-boned leaving the dealer lot.

Dealer doesn't call me, despite knowing that I'm coming in to buy the car in less than 18 hours.

When I get to the dealer, I want to look at the car (obviously) and test drive it one last time. Dealer gives me the excuse "oh, we took it back to have it detailed". ok... let's go talk papers and start that motion then.

Finally, we get all the way through the paper work, and before I sign go to look at the car, and immediately I notice something is wrong... the color looks off on the driver side. So now I'm really scrutinizing. Pop the hood... fender line is so blantantly obvious it's painful.

Push come to shove, dealer admits they replaced the driver side fender and door with 2008 parts in an attempt to sell the car.

I immediately demand my refund back, and tear apart the paperwork.

So, my wife and I didn't get the Si, and I'm now back to looking locally to see if I can find another, before I succuumb to just buying a 2008.

Old 02-11-2008, 04:07 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Disappointment @ Dealers

thats ****in dirty... I wouldn't even consider buying from that dealer ever again [:'(]

Old 02-11-2008, 05:52 AM
Recognized HCF Member

DITO!!!!!!!! THATS SOME BULL****!!!!!!!!!!

i wouldnt buy anything from them ever after that crap! hell id look into contacting the BBB on their *** cause thats shady as hell!

glad you seen the damage and confronted them about it! so at least ya didnt get riped off!

Old 02-11-2008, 06:18 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

i wouldnt buy anything from them ever after that crap! hell id look into contacting the BBB on their *** cause thats shady as hell!

glad you seen the damage and confronted them about it! so at least ya didnt get riped off!
+1 !!!

Old 02-11-2008, 09:33 AM
HCF Member

I wold def write to BBB and i can pretty much assure you that Honda corperate will get back to you and offer you something to ease the pain.

I always send stuff like that to BBB because corperate will ALWAYS do something for you. If you get lucky they may find what you wanted at another dealer and send it over to you at no cost to you.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:52 AM

ORIGINAL: BX_Civic

I wold def write to BBB and i can pretty much assure you that Honda corperate will get back to you and offer you something to ease the pain.

I always send stuff like that to BBB because corperate will ALWAYS do something for you. If you get lucky they may find what you wanted at another dealer and send it over to you at no cost to you.
sadly, in the fine state of Virginia, a dealer only has to disclose repairs made to a vehicle prior to delivery if the total cost of the repair exceeds 10% of the sale value, which on a $20k car... means $2k. replacing entire body panels I'm sure was far under that number, as such, they wouldn't have to disclose anything.

Old 02-11-2008, 02:13 PM
HCF Member

Actually body work is expensive. And yeah i had a small upset too when trying to buy an si. I was promised one in a month a a half. so i put the deposit and waited.....and waited and waited, finally i got my money back because after 3 months he admitted to not be able to get that car.

Old 02-11-2008, 04:21 PM

ORIGINAL: cyberx32

Actually body work is expensive. And yeah i had a small upset too when trying to buy an si. I was promised one in a month a a half. so i put the deposit and waited.....and waited and waited, finally i got my money back because after 3 months he admitted to not be able to get that car.
replacing the panels with all new pre-painted ones is easy

Old 02-11-2008, 04:54 PM
HCF Member

I see what your saying but if you put money down on that car was it not like resevered? As in yours but not cause you didnt pay off the balance just yet?

I would think that putting a down payment on a car hold that specific car for you and if they do something to said car its a breach of contract as the car was changed from the state in which you agree to purchase the car.

Again im no law major but this is the way i would interpret the incident.

I would still fill out a claim with the BBB as im pretty sure they should not have let someone drive a car that you put money down on, something about that just does not seem right to me.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:11 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya its pure BS a downpayment means CAR IS SOLD no more test drives or even opening the door for anyone to look at IMO!

when i sold my old truck a guy put 200bucks down on it and i pulled the truck out back and told everyone to call back in afew days just incase he backs out...
was it the owner that said that or just a lowly salesman? either way i would definatly want to talk to the highest manager their! and make them get another somewhere thats not been wrecked.....

but o well i guess for ya... its probably for the best if they are that shady! got any more honda dealers within driving distance?

Quick Reply: Disappointment @ Dealers