The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Do you run everyday

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 01:42 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Do you run everyday

Believe me, it is. Diet is the biggest factor of weight control. Supplements are also helpful, I have two big tubs of MuscleMilk and Glutamine powder. That helps me get muscle while getting lean.

Old 02-01-2007, 02:58 AM

from what I understand burning fat is all about cardio.. getting that heartrate up to like 170ish and keeping it there for about an hour.... [/align][/align]edit:[/align]but you know, not that 170 the entire time.. but an ebb and flow type a deal...........maybe?[/align]

Old 02-01-2007, 03:07 AM
HCF Member

Best thing to do is if you lift weights is to run AFTER your work out, that way your body starts to flush lactic acid from your muslces and keeps your heart going well into the night... another way to make easy energy for running is to start your metabolism in the morning by making sure you eat a REALLY good breakfast within 30 minutes of waking up. Also drinking ALOT of water in between meals helps flush toxins from your body and keeps you hydrated!

Old 02-01-2007, 06:49 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

yeah we have an elliptical and a Crossbow that I haven't used in like 6 months. But when I did, the combination of those two machines does wonders. I plan to get back on thatstuff as soon as I'm done having to work on the car everyday.

Crystal light FTW, I love that stuff

Old 02-01-2007, 08:53 AM

oh man moog, where you getting your info? Run before you lift..always always.
and for anyone looking to go lean, stay away from the glutamines and creatine. Can you say water retention ? If you wanna be a fat mess that can lift 400 lbs then go for it, it seems thats what most of the guys working out look like these days. as for the water your rite on that.

Old 02-01-2007, 12:00 PM
HCF Member

Keep up the good work man. Running is definitley one of the best ways to stay fit.I try to run 6/7 days a week. The most important thing is to run consistently and at a good effort. Since you're starting out, run for time instead of mileage (i.e. "I'll run for 40 min" rather then "I'll run for 4.5 miles). After a while, you can increase the intensity of your runs, but at the same timeage.
It can get boring after awhile and you will likely lose motivation after doing the same thing week after week, so add some variety by going on different trails or routes, finding hills to stride up, doing some speed work on the track and just enjoying the fresh air and scenery. The absolute best way to run is with a group. Go find your local running club, or just get a few of your buddies together on a weekly basis.
If you really feel up to the challenge or want a goal, go sign up for a local 5K or other roda race.

But above all, keep consistent and write down your runs in a log, so you can see how you're doing.

A favorite running activity of mine was running in neighborhoods and "racing" cars when they got to stop signs. You would be surprised how many rev there engines and try to race you back even though you're not in a car, just you and your running shoes

good luck man ;D You save gas too by running instead of driving ;D

Old 02-01-2007, 12:44 PM
HCF Member

i havent red a single post on this thread. but all i know is that running makes me want to die... god damn exercised induced asthma

Old 02-01-2007, 01:11 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Fiirkan

i havent red a single post on this thread. but all i know is that running makes me want to die... god damn exercised induced asthma
I had that, then I decided to stop being a fatass.

Old 02-01-2007, 01:22 PM
HCF Member

Well i have minor asthma anyway, the things that only really make it act up are running, and cold weather.

Old 02-01-2007, 01:26 PM
Administrator

i could probably afford to lose a few lb's[:@]

Quick Reply: Do you run everyday