The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Is the driving test hard? Im going to take mine soon

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 12:46 PM
HCF Member
Default Is the driving test hard? Im going to take mine soon

I dont have my liscense yet. I had a permit for a year and let it expire and have been without it for a while. I am now 17 and can get my full liscense anytime.
Is the driving test hard?
Was your police guy who rode with you mean?
What happenes?
Just wondering because I plan to take mine in a month or two once I drive some more or when Im ready...We dont drive much and I hardly drive but I need to get my liscense or permitt and practice.

Old 07-02-2006, 01:03 PM
Default RE: Is the driving test hard? Im going to take mine soon

whats up??? what state do you live in? the exam is pretty easy. basic pointers are now the speed limit ( in cali its highway, school zone, train crossing, residential ) and memorize the signs and how to engage in a four way stop. ( Basically who goes first at stop signs ) Sometimes the guy that rides with you asks you questions. answer them and stay calm. oh and when you drive during your test borrow an automatic car, it makes things easier for you, and you don't stall and mess up.

good luck

Old 07-02-2006, 01:34 PM
HCF Member

man the test is sooooo easy..even the final test is easy, as long as you no how to drive then you wont have a problem

Old 07-02-2006, 05:02 PM
HCF Member

Man its a cake as said before borrow an automatic. Thats it. Just remember all the rules too. I havent taken the driving test over 8 yrs or so.That is when I got my licence

Old 07-02-2006, 05:15 PM
HCF Member

yeah pretty easy, exept if you have some driving habits. Like for me I was used to driving with only one hand on the wheel, but i had to fake it and drive with two hands, and turn using two hands. Other than that pretty easy.
P.S. you get a cop to sit with you? I just had some employee from the dmv sit next to me.

Old 07-02-2006, 06:22 PM
HCF Member

Yea,its not that bad.The bad thing is I lost my DL over some stupid sh"t now I have to take the written and driving test again if I fail I will feel retarded.

Old 07-02-2006, 10:36 PM

hmm yea i'm in cali and my test was easy. but it was funny just cuz the guy that sat with me must have been gay or something and even tho i drove with one hand most of the time, he still gave me 100%. but now i'm teaching my girl to drive cuz she's going for her test on july 12th. but yea just remember speed, turn signals, signs AND USE YOUR MIRRORS!!!!! other than that you should be fine.

Old 07-02-2006, 11:10 PM

test is easy man dont sweat it. i passed it with no points taken off in my rents mini van. i think something that gave me an edge was my dad and i were very nice and kinda upbeat when talking to the instructor. just be calm, concentrate on what ur doing and double check to make sure u put the signals on, look both ways, stop and all. if u dont pass, w/e theres always next time..

Old 07-02-2006, 11:11 PM
HCF Member

The test is easy as hell, but drive like a granny for the test. Hands at 10 and 2, don't get on the gas too hard stuff like that. Other than that its a piece of cake. In Illinois, you don't have to take a written exam (the written portion is the permit test). I have an uncle that failed 3 times, but i passed the first time and got a score of 1 (you have to get 30 or less and each mistake gives you points). Turn signals, shoulder check, seat belt, that kinda stuff. You can't drive like you normally do, you gotta drive like a granny.

Old 07-03-2006, 09:23 AM

It's a breeze, dude. Do not worry about it. I passed mine with an entirely perfect score at 8am.
It'll help to find out what the routine course is for the test and drive it a couple times as practice. And if there's a parallel parking test included, park your car in their test spot a couple times before the test.

Quick Reply: Is the driving test hard? Im going to take mine soon