The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

DSM Progress...

Old 01-15-2005, 02:45 AM
Default DSM Progress...

Got the new valves & lifters in... crank turned and rebalanced... pistons cleaned, new rings on, all that junk back in...

Got the head surfaced today, putting it all back together tomorrow

And the BIG news: I jacked a T3/T04 off a T-boned 1G that someone had swapped in... Also, I'm putting a GM MAF sensor in so I can vent to atmosphere (cause the 1G's sound ****in' awesome). And I took the restrictor out of the BCS, which adds about 3psi... can't wait to get it all back together.

I'll keep this updated, if anyone cares...

Old 01-15-2005, 04:40 PM
Default RE: DSM Progress...

Sounds awesome. Keep us posted.

Old 01-16-2005, 08:44 AM

sounds like you know how do get things goin...so who does all of you rmotor work?....and also i noticed you have a HB, if you dont mind could you post a pic of it or send me one? thanks, and keep us posted on your progress!

Old 01-16-2005, 02:58 PM

By motor work, I assume you mean machining. There are machine shops all over the place where I live, so it's really not hard to get it done. Plus, they all know my dad and I, so I can just bring stuff in pretty much whenever. We just have a tab. As for the actual work, I wouldn't let anyone else even TOUCH my motors (except for my dad).

Progress update: The engine is in one piece again. I have ordered a new intake/exhaust manny set, and I'm going to fit the new turbo tomorrow. And I got the BCS fixed for some extra boost.

As for pics, I don't have a camera... I would have posted a long time ago...

Old 01-16-2005, 05:10 PM
HCF Member

how hard is the map sensor conversion? and would that work on an EVO 8?

Old 01-16-2005, 07:35 PM

Hmm... not sure about an EVO conversion. I may have heard someone mention it somewhere before, but nothing really comes to mind.

It's really not that hard though. You just replace the original. Then, you just take off the dump tube, seal the return port, plug in the new sensor, start it up, and pray... it doesn't always work.

You can completely redo your ECU/FMS and replace the sensors, but that costs a little more...

It's way worth it though; you turn so many heads...

Old 01-16-2005, 07:41 PM
HCF Member

my bros has the VTA, but his mileage went down to about 12-15, so im thinking the conversion might help.

Old 01-17-2005, 12:10 AM

Prolly. Yeah, that pretty much always happens. You end up losing about 50 miles/tank. Some DSM ECU's are programmed differently, so VTA doesn't cause the fuel dump.

Old 01-17-2005, 11:50 AM
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 01-17-2005, 09:17 PM

Engine is back in, mannies are on, wiring and exhaust is hooked back up. Unfortunately, it got dark and started raining, so I decided to call it a night. It'll be running tomorrow........

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DSM Progress...