The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Economic towing

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 08:08 PM
HCF Member
Default Economic towing

What would be the most economical way to get a car with no engine 500km or so back to my house? Im looking at a 1992 nissan 240sx that I might buy as a project car. I was looking at the prices of swaps and alot of them are bargains compared to throwing a gsr in my hatch. Do you think I could just tow it behind a truck all that way? (that would be slow) or should I rent a flatbed?

Old 02-02-2008, 08:25 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Economic towing

you can always use a dolly for trucks if you have a truck, but it would be a lot easier to use a flat bed

Old 02-03-2008, 03:54 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: cyberx32

you can always use a dolly for trucks if you have a truck, but it would be a lot easier to use a flat bed
thats teh exact thing i was gonna mention. Hell i've seen people pull cars on dolly's with Civic's

Old 02-03-2008, 09:31 AM
HCF Member

lol Ill have to see what is cheaper. Although the city the cars in has the shop where I want to get the work done (I just wasn't really planning on it so soon) and I have some family there. MAbey I can just tow it to one of my relatives house until its ready. I still can't believe the cost of swaps though. Why are honda swap more expensive? I know honda is very reliable though, I guess mabey something to do with demand as well?

Old 02-03-2008, 10:40 AM
HCF Member

Start pushin

Old 02-03-2008, 12:33 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well if thiers no motor or tranny in the car it should be easy as hell to tow...
just be sure the driveshaft is off back axle so it cannt posibly fall down and try to pole volt the car
if its a small truck then any S10 truck should be able to tow a cardolly and the truck home to you.
just rent the car dolly where your at because if you rent one and drop it off at another uhaul or what not they tend to change alot more!

Old 02-03-2008, 01:54 PM
HCF Member

thanks for the info addicition. Im going to rent a dolly at the uhaul and drop it off when i get to my location. The car is really nice shape, heres a link anyways to get an idea:

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...QAdIdZ36883425

Hey Masonn since your only in Saskatoon and Im in Calgary, mabey I will drive by to pick you up because somebody has to push if im steering the car[8D]lol jk.

Old 02-03-2008, 05:10 PM
HCF Member

haha that car seems to be a good deal. DON't rebuild the engine, get a sr20det swap!!!

Old 02-03-2008, 07:26 PM
HCF Member

ya thats exactly what engine im looking at, they are killer deals too compared to say a gsr swap $$ wise. And this guy bought the car for the same reasons I want it, its really clean ride. Im going to contact him tommorow to see if its still available

Old 02-03-2008, 07:34 PM
HCF Member

ive towed one of my crx's with another crx almost 300 miles on a dolly with no issues. id rent a dolly from uhaul and tow the car behind a truck. just remember to remove the driveshaft prior to the towing.

Quick Reply: Economic towing