The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

el oh el

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 04:17 PM
Super Cereal Admin
Default el oh el

So today I'm happily sitting at my computer when a strange car pulls up and parks in front of my house. I go to the window to see who it is... I don't recognize the car. It's a white '98 cavalier.... white motegi wheels, a body kit, and a gi-normous wing. Well, I keep looking since I'm pretty curious as to whose car this is. I'm shocked (but not too shocked) when my friend, let's call him Jimbo-billy-bob-billy-jim, steps out of the car. Of course, I want to know what's been done to the car. He tells me about how "he's been working on the car for the last two weeks" and how "everything that's been done to the car was done by him". That's funny.... the wheels have horrible curb marks. The kit has cracks and looks like it's been on for a while. And the wing's aluminum is starting to get that oxidized haze that aluminum parts get after a while. But to top it off, he asks me if I want to take a ride in it (of course I say yes). While we're driving, he keeps telling me about how "he's running turbo, about 6 lbs of boost." Funny; I don't hear a turbo. And I haven't heard a BOV yet. He starts to suspect something, I think, because he quickly makes something up for why there's no blowoff... "It's got an internal wastegate; that pop you hear when I let off the gas is actually the blowoff." Funny.... I was under the impression that wastegates had nothing to do with blowoff valves. But the kicker is this: when we got back to my house, I opened his hood and took a look. Well, Jimbo-billy-bob-billy-jim kept on rattling on about his turbo while I was looking at a PLAINLY NATURALLY-ASPIRATED ENGINE. It was so hard not to laugh... you've got to understand, this is a kid that lies about literally everything. He just makes **** up for the fun of it. Well, anyway, all-in-all it's a pretty sick car. A bit ricy for my tastes, but it still looks pretty good.

(Oh, did I mention.. he kept playing with a "boost controller" while he was driving.... I got a chance to look at the thing one time when he was playing with it... it was a Jet performance controller lol)

Old 09-30-2007, 04:57 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: el oh el

Lmfao! Yeah I was talking to a kid about cars and he said he was running open headers with dual exhaust

Old 09-30-2007, 05:59 PM
HCF Member

BWAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!! thats great. at least tell me it was the 2.4L, and not the 2.2L in the cavy... lol

Old 09-30-2007, 06:20 PM

ORIGINAL: johnny

Lmfao! Yeah I was talking to a kid about cars and he said he was running open headers with dual exhaust

WTF!!!! hahahaha. thats rediculous!!!! haha

Old 09-30-2007, 06:41 PM

Whats's even funnier than him making that stuff up, is that he was actually bragging about a cavalier...

A little too ricy for you? You must be asian, cause that is extreme rice.

Old 09-30-2007, 07:36 PM

I've got a co-worker who always makes up or exagerates details when it comes to cars or hell damn near anything.... just makes ya sad that people have to live like this...

Old 09-30-2007, 09:21 PM
HCF Member

Look on the bright side... If the guy ever has to take a lie detector, he will pass it with ease. Compulsive liers rock!

-Kelleykid

Old 10-02-2007, 01:51 PM
Super Cereal Admin

ORIGINAL: lawlersauce
well, what I'm saying is that I can stand body kits and wings if they at least look decent on the car. The kit the cavi had actually did match the car pretty well. No comment about the wing lol

and Masonn... I didn't really pay attention to the engine (I was trying too hard not to laugh about his throttle bod---I mean, turbocharger) but I think it was the 2.2l lol... I'll have to take a look next time I get a chance

Old 10-02-2007, 02:06 PM
HCF Member

HAHaHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Old 10-02-2007, 02:25 PM
HCF Member

I'm not going to hate on Z24's because they are quick for a Four banger, but people who think they are race cars, are dumb.