The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

exactly what can you do?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 02:31 AM
HCF Member
Default exactly what can you do?

When i get out of the military i will be looking for a new civic probably. and the more i drive my civic the more i am thinking i will stick with an import for the rest of my life. and preferably the civic. I am not too crazy about the 06 si. i do not like the body style at all. i really do not like anything about. it I have been looking at the 05 civic Ex here lately and i was wondering. whatr exactly can be done to it? can you switch the engine out and put in DOHC K series? every Ex i have seen has had the SOHC engine in it, and i dont think it is the K series. so what exactly can be done to the EP generation? give me everything i can do. i know i was lening towards the 2000 Si but this car will almost be a decade old when i get out. thanks for the help

Old 04-13-2006, 02:41 AM
Stinky Administrator
Default RE: exactly what can you do?

how about a 2002-2005 civic si they have a k-20 motor just underpowered i hade a 03 si wish i had it back you can swap the motor out of a rsx type s in it sport compact car mag did it in 03 when the car first came out they did the motor and tranny ,ecm but they had to take it to a dealer and have the rsx keys programed to the si its just an idea i say this could be a lot of money

Old 04-13-2006, 02:45 AM
HCF Member

In all honesty save your time and effort and look into a RSX-S if you like the way they look. They are a lil heavier than the 01-05 civic but man they are a really nice car.

Old 04-13-2006, 02:53 AM
Stinky Administrator

doh!!! darn marty i didn't think about just buying a rsx. its too late i wasn,t thinking lol

Old 04-13-2006, 03:10 AM
HCF Member

It really is a great car and feels a bit more upscale and not so much like a base model car as the Civic does up untill the 8th gen. I test drove a 06 EX and loved it, it really feels as if honda hit the nail on the head with it. Even with the SOHC you get great mid range tq, I did not like the 2 teir dash on the 06's untill I drove it but then it started coming around to me.

This is the kind of choice you just can not make now because it is untelling what Honda and other companies will have out at the time you will make the purchase. You also have to think cars like the EVO 8/MR, STi, 350Z, and others will start drifting down price wise so all i am saying is that even though you feel as if you only want honda and even though I am a fan of honda, do not lock yourself down to only honda. There are a number of great drivers cars on the market that beg for an enthusiest to buy them. Think it through and get out and test other cars out before you sign the papers is all I say.

Old 04-13-2006, 03:14 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: PURPLECIVICCOUPE
how about a 2002-2005 civic si they have a k-20 motor just underpowered i hade a 03 si wish i had it back you can swap the motor out of a rsx type s in it sport compact car mag did it in 03 when the car first came out they did the motor and tranny ,ecm but they had to take it to a dealer and have the rsx keys programed to the si its just an idea i say this could be a lot of money
I don't like hatchbacks
ORIGINAL: Marty
In all honesty save your time and effort and look into a RSX-S if you like the way they look. They are a lil heavier than the 01-05 civic but man they are a really nice car.
I think they look too much like the 06 SI. or visa-versa. someone copied someone.

Old 04-15-2006, 09:33 PM

First of all thanks for serving in the military from an army vet. Second of all GM will be out of business by the time you are discharged as well as ford. Mercedes benz used to mean something but it has now become just another dodge, so hopefully honda will build something very cool by then. I wouldn't be a bit surprised.

Old 04-15-2006, 09:42 PM
Stinky Administrator

when you get out we maybe driving golf carts j/k but i hope you will find something you like

Old 04-16-2006, 07:56 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: PURPLECIVICCOUPE
when you get out we maybe driving golf carts j/k but i hope you will find something you like
Or maybe by the time i get out we will be living in the space era. and just buy a space ship. lol. and then i will be the first one to put a rocket booster in it. b/c i will have the money. lol

Old 04-16-2006, 03:40 PM
Stinky Administrator

or buy the new ram jet turbo lol and by the way when do you ship out every one at my house will be praying so you will have a safe return

Quick Reply: exactly what can you do?