The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Farewell, so long, goodbye......

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 07:17 PM
HCF Member
Default Farewell, so long, goodbye......

First off this is not a joke, or a attention grabbing type of thread(Gene). Just thought that the members that have been here for a long time and the members I openly communicate with deserve this respect.

Well thought I'd make it official. I'm signing off. Coming up on the 4th year of membership on HCF I am calling it a day. I have seen the forum go through many transformations in my near 4 years of membership. When I first got on here it was on the heels of a tourental spam attack from SDOT, a forum that I was/am a member of. So I tried to make up for what wrong they did by providing information to civic and car enthusiest here on the forum. Then it turned into me becoming a mod to shape up the tuning section(which was not here before me), the forced induction forum(that seen a few select very nice builds in my time as mod along with alot more information/content added), and last but not least the onslaught of a tighter restricted classified section.

I seen the membership number explode with alot of them becoming very active members for a extent of time and the forum became so much like a community that I focused any/all information, help, time I spent online to HCF. To me that community feeling has been lost. Most of the members that actually cared about the forum have moved on. I dont see this as a problem because that kinda stuff happens but they were never replaced by other members that cared enough to want to truely make a difference. On top of that there were never any provisions made for the members that knew what they were talking about to stay around and help after they moved to different platforms, no place for them to talk about their current cars w/o a uproar of civic owners saying that it does not belong.

To the members that do try to make this the best online community keep on keeping on, your work is not overlooked, just over shadowed by the members that are here for what seems to only badger people.

Been a great run but........peace.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:38 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Take care Marty. I wish you success in your future projects.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:46 PM
HCF Member

I know how it is man, I'm kinda pooped and it's getting kinda old since the active member population has dropped. Take care, I might see ya on another forum or something in the future....peace out.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:50 PM
Snail'n Admin

.....youre still signed in

Old 01-05-2009, 08:10 PM
Angry Admin

adios mi amigo. asshat taken care of b/c this is not a lame thread. it is the future of hcf. marty's been around for a long time, and he has contributed tons to the forum. i truly feel that for once homemadeturbo's one rule policy is a good one. RESPECT. if you respect everyone this place would run a lot smoother without douche canoes that shall not be named stinking the place up with their snooty bull****. thank you marty for everything, keep in touch and good luck w/ the stang.

that will be all goodnight im tired i have a headache and i have a dentist appointment in the morning. so excuse the pissy rant.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:05 PM
HCF Member

y so serious?

Old 01-06-2009, 12:24 AM

I'm gonna miss you Marty. We didn't talk all that much but I know enough to know you're a great guy and that HCF will miss you.

Old 01-06-2009, 03:41 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

BYE!

See you in a few months

Old 01-06-2009, 04:53 AM
Cat Fuсker

Why you gotta put me out like that? I did leave for a few days...it's a friggin addiction that I'm fighting here...

Old 01-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Recognized HCF Member

it was a hell of a run, i remember you were hear when i first joined. i did leave for a while and come back from time to time. See you around man!

Quick Reply: Farewell, so long, goodbye......