The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Four years have passed

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 11:48 AM
Cat Fuсker
Default Four years have passed

Four years and about two hours ago, I was sitting in my math class, just about near the end of it, when the TV's in every classroom came on and the principal's voice announced that something serious happend in NYC in WTC. The smoking tower was on the news...many of us recalled being there a week prior on the tour and many countless times before. It was shocking, and it was live. We didn't know what has happened yet, but I could see tears in many of my classmates' eyes. Than there was the second plane, live. We couldn't believe our eyes. I recall our principal yelling "$hit" through the loudspeaker, forgetting that it was still on. Many of us had friends and family living, working, doing things right over there. We didn't wait to be dismissed and ran home, to our TVs. The whole apartment building in which I used to live was home by the time I got there. I could hear someone crying as the first tower collapsed...than later the second one went... I remember trying to reach people over there and how nobody could get through. I remember the looks on people's faces... Most people in Philadelphia took this as a slap on their face...I recall some people's tears turned into anger...

Today is September 11th, 2005.

I beg you all, DO NOT FORGET. May be our government has made some mistakes, but ultimately it's the fault of those who carried this through!

P.S. This day, four years ago, I realized how much people whom I might not know, and those whom I do know, mean to me.

Old 09-11-2005, 11:51 AM
Administrator
Default RE: Four years have passed

i was sitting in a business class, dont recall which one, but my buddy's mom called and said, are you near a tv, the world trade center just got hit by a plane..there was a big tv in that room, and we turned in on, and watched the second hit occur...

Old 09-11-2005, 11:58 AM

i was driving to class and i had just turned on the radio, and all that was on were news reports, but no one would say what had happened. i didn't have time to sit and listen, so i figured if anything bad had happened, it would be mentioned in my class. no one said anything about what had happpened. i didn't find out until after noon when i got back from my classes, and i couldn't believe that none of my instructors said anything about it. maybe they didn't know either, but i was around about 75 people all morning and no one knew?? i remember just being glued to the tv, knowing i had an exam the next day i needed to study for, but i didn't care. the following day, the exam had been cancelled because students told the professor they also weren't able to study for it. any time i see the images of the planes crashing into the buildings, i get a knot in my stomach and i have to distract myself with something else before i start crying about it.

Old 09-11-2005, 12:08 PM
HCF Member

Incidentally, I was tripping over my little brother's toys after waking up late and was muttering "Today's gonna be a bad day" as I finally got out the door. That was at about 6am here, so about 9am Eastern.

I didn't know until I walked into my English class and the TV was on. The first tower was already gone and the second was burning. I watched it collapse a few minutes later I felt like crap all day. Just wanted to run to the restroom and puke up everything I had just seen and heard.

I got home from London a little over a week before their terrorist attack and went through many of the places that were bombed (even walked by where the bus was blown up many times). That hit very close to home as well. I was in NYC before going to London and visited the WTC site. That ball in my throat was bigger than ever looking out into that empty lot.

Old 09-11-2005, 12:16 PM
HCF Member

I was on my way to my first day of work in Vegas. I heard it on the radio. Disbelief followed by anger. It was blatant attack on my life, my country... ME. It hit me like a ton af bricks after it had all sunk in. I tried to re-enlist. "Just give me a weapon." I couldn't pass the physical becasue I am medically retired from the military already.

My right arm.

Old 09-11-2005, 01:54 PM

I was ill that day as am I am ill today.. hmm coincidence?!? Anyway I stayed home from school and after making myself some oatmeal I went down to the den in my house and turned the tv on, I started eating not really paying attention bc the tv is old and take a minute or two to warm up. When I looked up at the tv again I saw the 1st tower on fire/smoking and heard the commentary, not really listening to the words I was glued to the image of the tower burning. My first thoughts were this was a bad joke, so I changed the channel, and again I saw the tower burning. Next I watched the second plane crash into tower two I still was in disbelief, I really thought this was a spoof of Orson Well's radio program in the 50's(?). I called my mother where she worked to see if she had heard anything of this. That day changed my view of humanity.

Old 09-11-2005, 05:16 PM

i know i will never forget....mr nost's algebra class......2nd period im pretty sure...

Old 09-11-2005, 05:40 PM
HCF Member

I woke up earlier than usual (I worked nights), and my brother was over at his GFs house, so I went for a run, without ever turning on the TV. then when I got home, still no one was home, so I started making some food and turned on the morning news. All they were saying was "The Attack" this, and "The Attack" that, and wouldnt show what had happened. I figured it was a smaller local story, so I changed to another channel to see if they were actually saying what had happened. same thing, so I changed it again, and again, and again. i couldnt believe how it was all over the news, and finally one station showed the buildings, and my jaw just dropped. I knew that it was big, and that it would change my outlook on the world around me. the whole rest of the day was kind of surreal.

Old 09-11-2005, 07:01 PM
HCF Member

bad *** tattoo sniper.

i was getting senior pics taken. Heard howard stern say "Some nutjob just flew a plane into the WTC"...........then i found a tv and just watched. The school went nuts and everyone just left. My dad worked across from the WTC, but he took off that day.

Old 09-12-2005, 01:41 AM
Cat Fuсker

I just got back from NYC...got to see the two projectors that now are in place of WTC...sad site

Quick Reply: Four years have passed