The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Gas Prices

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 08:23 AM
Default Gas Prices

is it just me or are we gettin ripped a new one every time we go to fill up our cars? no joke, didn't the oil companies make around 3 billion in PROFITS in the first QUARTER of this year? i mean, thats just rediculous, i live less that ten miles from an oil refinery and we still pay on the edge of 3 bucks a gallon in louisiana. and i know its worse in other parts of the country, how much is gas in california, new york, or even florida? how come when the price for a barrel of oil goes up 10 cents gas goes up 25 cents at the pump?
i think the people runnin for president should put a limit to how much an oil company can charge for what little were getting.
close to where i live, there is an E85 plant that was built, and there loosing profit.... why is this you ask, because the car companies arent making flex fuel vehicles to run on it. so now our chance to get away from petrolium is falling short....

wooo i just had to vent that.... what are yalls views on this?

Old 10-31-2007, 08:26 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Gas Prices

3 mil? Check out the democratic debate thread, try like 10 mil

Old 10-31-2007, 08:29 AM
HCF Member

i agree. and we should start sending letters to your congressmen maybe then something will get done. what do you guys think?

Old 10-31-2007, 08:32 AM
HCF Member

I think it would take a massive protest that involved trucking companies, rail companies, and a majority of american consumers.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:39 AM
HCF Member

Which would probly end up happening soon anyway without our help. It will go up high again, and then it will decrease and everyone will get all jolly that its going down, then its going to go up again. They do that just so people dont protest and they get their hopes up. It decreased about 10 cents or more 6 months ago then went up again. Theyll just keep doing it, unless we strike another big refinery nothing is going to change.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:43 AM
HCF Member

Yep, drop it 10 cents for about 3 weeks then raise it 20 cents. Not everyone is all jolly when it drops, I or one know it is going to go even higher when it does that.

Old 10-31-2007, 10:55 AM
HCF Member

^ Yup, same here. Should drop again soon enough and raise 40 cents again.

Old 10-31-2007, 11:05 AM

i agree with everyone on this thread. the whole gas thing is rediculous. my girls car is like a 10 gal tank and it takes like $30 to fill and i dont even get that good of MPG anymore. its like they started charging more for the gas then started giving you less in the gas. not sure how everyone else feels but i think its sh*tty

Old 10-31-2007, 11:07 AM
HCF Member

dude 84elcamino you only pay $2.58 a gallon i know you. i only pay 2.78 a gallon for premium. and seriously everyone quit b!+chin are you actually gonna get off your @$$ and do somethin about it................. NO so chillax life goes on

Old 10-31-2007, 11:45 AM
HCF Member

2.58 a gallon adds up rather quick when you drive 80~ miles a day like a lot of people do. It wouldn't matter even if we tried to do something short of overthrowing the government as long as the current moron is in the white house.

Quick Reply: Gas Prices