The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

good news

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 04:55 PM
HCF Member
Default good news

jus got my financial statement for my college tuition today, their paying for all of my tuition including book costs, so im in a pretty good mood concidering i can now put this money towwards my motor swap

Old 08-13-2007, 05:08 PM
Default RE: good news

^ sweet im trying to get that Bright Furure scholarship tht florida offer to student living in florida and want to go to an instate college.This is my last year so hopefull i can maintain my gpa

Old 08-13-2007, 05:38 PM
HCF Member

Congrats on the free college. I got $500 in financial aid last year and I am getting $0 this year.

Old 08-13-2007, 06:05 PM
HCF Member

they don't like to give jack **** where i live, plus my school was very, very competative, so i ended up with ****, plus they don't like white male high school students for some reason.

Old 08-13-2007, 06:09 PM
HCF Member

congrats dude !!!

Old 08-13-2007, 06:10 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: ej6buddy

they don't like to give jack **** where i live, plus my school was very, very competative, so i ended up with ****, plus they don't like white male high school students for some reason.
It really depends on the school you are going to. I go to a state school and state schools don't give any financial aid in the first place. Also, since the school is in the city there are alot of low income students. The the low income students get the financial aid over the middle class students. Race doesn't matter for federal financial aid but it might matter for scholarships. There is a website that shows ALOT of scholarships and you can fill out apps for them.

Old 08-13-2007, 06:46 PM
Cat Fuсker

went for free the first two years....now I'm back to school and I pay 7G's per semester out of pocket....so yea, be happy...

Old 08-13-2007, 06:49 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: AgentofDarkness

ORIGINAL: ej6buddy

It really depends on the school you are going to. I go to a state school and state schools don't give any financial aid in the first place. Also, since the school is in the city there are alot of low income students. The the low income students get the financial aid over the middle class students. Race doesn't matter for federal financial aid but it might matter for scholarships. There is a website that shows ALOT of scholarships and you can fill out apps for them.
talkin about scholarship funds. i didn't get **** for financial aid either. and yes, i know there is a website that shows scholarships, and i used a **** load of them, and what do you know, jack ****, so my original statement stands, they don't like to give average white male high school students aid unless you are in the government, lol, j/k

Old 08-13-2007, 07:15 PM

the good thing about florida there plenty of help here. if u have a good gpa and good teswt score than mostly likely u will get a scholarship and florida has this scholarship tht ayone can get all u need to do is have an 3.0 gpa and better and have a decent S.A.T score and ur good. my 2nd brother was lucky enough to get a 75 percent scholarship to any unviersity he wanted and financial aid covered the rest. hopefully I can do the same thing he did.

Old 08-13-2007, 08:18 PM
Stinky Administrator

congrats dude and good luck with college

Quick Reply: good news