The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Got back last night

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 11:55 AM
HCF Member
Default Got back last night

I got back home last night after being in Colorado over the holidays with the familyon a ski trip. We had to quick leave because 'winter storm 2' was on its way. Needless to say we left too late and I-70 was horrible. Semi's couldnt make it up the steep grades in the snow and were holding up traffic. After going through reroutes and gridlocks all night we finaly made it to denver. It took us 8 hours to go from summit county to denver. It should have taken us 1 hour. We sat still on the freeway with our car turned off for 2 hours. All in all it took us almost 26 hours to get from Dillon, CO to our house in the twin cities.

Old 12-30-2006, 12:00 PM
Eun
Default RE: Got back last night

well, welcome back. =)

Old 12-30-2006, 12:03 PM
Stinky Administrator

wow mark sounds like you all went though alot glad you and your family made it home safe

Old 12-30-2006, 12:05 PM
HCF Member

Thanks peg.
it was the worst traffic i have ever witnessed. People were getting out of their cars and taking their dogs for walks up and down the freeway. there were even kids snowboarding in the ditches. it took us an hour and a half to go the first 7 miles. Then we sat still for 2 hours. And then we creeped along at about 15 and under for quite some time after that

Old 12-30-2006, 12:12 PM

sorry to here that man that sounds pretty hagar of a TRIP... good job on making it back though...

Old 12-30-2006, 01:30 PM
HCF Member

Damn man you were in Collorado for that??? i saw it on the news on one of the US channels. the got hammered pretty bad there

Old 12-30-2006, 02:43 PM
HCF Member

Ya I saw that on the news to, one right after another, they said that people were still diging out from the first one and now you guys get this. Over here is sun and over freezing tempatures. Good to see you make it back though, I could imagin all the accidents that happend.

Old 12-30-2006, 02:50 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Fiirkan

Damn man you were in Collorado for that??? i saw it on the news on one of the US channels. the got hammered pretty bad there
Im getting sick of the snow. Its a pain in the *** and the civic cant drive in this stuff.

Old 12-30-2006, 04:35 PM
HCF Member

^ you can keep it, we have had about in total in the past 2 weeks about 12 inch's but with the melting and stuf only like 3 is stll on the ground.

And Mark did you have the Subie, that thing would be able to go through the snow no problem

Old 12-30-2006, 04:55 PM
HCF Member

Are kidding? Up in canada here we are begging for snow. I got two snowmobiles in my garage with trail passes and no snow. I wish we had snow. My dad was watching that on the news just almost in tears of joy.hhhaha

Quick Reply: Got back last night