The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

GOT CAUGHT SPEEDING

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 06:45 PM
HCF Member
Default GOT CAUGHT SPEEDING

Well like the title says, was driving down a local sea front which has three lanes either way and was quiet at the time. This place is great for a blast in your car as it is unpopulated and has three roundabouts over one section followed by a hairpin then a huge half mile straight up the other way, (which sometimes gets used for illegal drag races and for one day in the summer the area is closed to normal traffic as it gets turned into a racing curcuit for the day that anybody can enter!)
Anyway the cops have been coming down heavy on the area as there has been trouble at night time with dicks racing each other and crashing. (so I should of known better) As its quiet and in the afternoon I end up pushing the civ a little over the 30mph speed limit on the final straight section, on the far side of the other caridgeway there is a row of parked cars and just my look a cop parked slap bang in the middle of them. I slow to 30 mph straight away but I have no chance of them not hearing me as its an open area and my civic makes noise around the 100db mark.
The cop car spins around and i see the blue lights, I pull over and jump out. A male and female cops get out and start ripping into me about speeding, I say im sorry and all that but it didnt work this time, he says I was doing 60mph (even though he cant prove it) and gives me a ticket which includes 3 points on my licence and a £60 fine. God damm it! you win some you lose some.

Old 07-05-2006, 07:01 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: GOT CAUGHT SPEEDING

Yeah, getting pulled over sucks. I got pulled over a few months ago for going like 15 over, which resulted in 4 pts on my license and $140 ticket. 30 over in the states I believe would get your license suspended. I dunno the conversion rate, but I'm sure it was close to what I paid. I got nailed on a road that alot of people race on also, one of the biggest racing spots here on LI.

Old 07-05-2006, 08:30 PM

that sucks...a few months ago i got a ticket for going 17 over...it was a $180...

Old 07-05-2006, 09:38 PM

ORIGINAL: uk civhead
my civic makes noise around the 100db mark.
You think maybe the cop wouldn't have known you were there at all if your exhaust wasn't sooooo loud? I've talked to a few cops that work on one of the streets that kids like to race, and they sit in parking lots and listen for loud exhausts, then they're all over ya! What's the point of such a loud exhaust anyway?

Old 07-05-2006, 09:53 PM

let me get this straight, you pull over and "jump out" of your car? Without the officers advising you to do so? You would have had my sig 226 locked and loaded to fire on you if you pulled that sh t over here lol

never get out of the car without the officer telling you to do so. Maybe Europe is different. lol

Old 07-05-2006, 10:27 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: AllForSRT

let me get this straight, you pull over and "jump out" of your car? Without the officers advising you to do so? You would have had my sig 226 locked and loaded to fire on you if you pulled that sh t over here lol

never get out of the car without the officer telling you to do so. Maybe Europe is different. lol
Cops dont' carry guns in the UK and they are alot more trusting over there. My uncle told me that if you yell at the cops they will let you go.

Old 07-05-2006, 11:34 PM
HCF Member

That is what I was thinking, if i did that I would have probably ended up going to jail on some kind of charge. They are always on guard over here in illinois.

Old 07-06-2006, 01:42 AM

my last ticket a month ago yesterday, i was also doin 17 over, but my ticket was only 85$...wierd...even my 20 over was 85$...

Old 07-06-2006, 04:27 AM
HCF Member

What's the point of such a loud exhaust anyway?
My exhaust is free flowing so the noise is an unavoidable by product of that, plus i have just about about every bolt on mod there is for intake and exhaust which makes it louder. You see?

Yes 'I jumped out of my car' and confronted the cop as that is acceptable here as we're not trigger happy. You must feel really hard pulling your big bad sig on everyone.

Old 07-06-2006, 06:33 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Here in the states, you have to. I come from a family FULL of law enforcement. From cops to lawyers, and literally everything in between, and they all say the same thing. If someone jumps out of a car at a traffic stop, you have no choice but to pull your gun. Chances are the people jumping out of a car like that are loose cannons, and will do what they need to do to get away.

....it sucks, but that's life in the states. I fear for my family's safety on a daily basis.

Quick Reply: GOT CAUGHT SPEEDING