The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Gotta vent a little on this matter

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 09:20 PM
HCF Member
Default Gotta vent a little on this matter

You know I have been on the forum here for a lil while now, I feel as if I have helped a few here and there and have contributed a good little bit of my time when I was a mod. I may be wrong but I feel as if I am intitled to bitch a lil about something that has long been getting under my skin..

The street/strip section has become utterly pointless with all the bull**** take it to the track replies and comments. I do take it to the track and I do not advocate street racing so it is a very rare occasion that I do it. But you dont see me shoving it down people's throat likeI am captain save the world. Get over yourselves, not one person post a kill stories for you to come in and act like their parents and you are not going to sway them into thinking any other way than the way they allready do, you are not going to change their actions, so if you dont agree with what is being posted in the section stay out of it.....that simple!!!

I am not calling any certain person out over it so dont get your panties in a knot and do not try to school me in your awsome knowledge of death from street racing, or your true to life stories from it(I know bad **** happens so do not patronize me)

Old 12-28-2006, 09:37 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Gotta vent a little on this matter

I'm picking up what you are puttin down, Marty.I think though, that your judgement isbetter than most and that you pick your spots to street race, as do I, but as a general rule, newbies that come on here that just put an axle back on their car and try to top it out racing a Ford F-150 on a congested highway,I think we can all agree, is not a good idea.

The track and autocross is a great way to hone your real world driving and I think you have enough hours in the seat to handle yourself on the street.

I have said, "Take it to the track," plenty of times, because I hope that maybe a newbie might actually listen to me and figure out what we are trying to do before he goes all Vin Diesel on the streets and kills someone.

Generally the Street/Strip section is useless because hardly anyone goes to the track and all the other posts are about a Dx whooping up on a Z06 or something.

If you want to race red light to red light, so be it,but I really dont' advocate whipping in and out of highway traffic at 100+.

Old 12-28-2006, 09:42 PM
HCF Member

Well it is neither here nor there, the section as it stands needs to be labled as a track only section or it needs to be gone all together.

Old 12-28-2006, 10:06 PM
Ben

I agree, it feels as if we don't have peers on the forum, but parentals when they get in there and start talking like that Marty....I agree with you

Old 12-28-2006, 10:19 PM

just a suggestion but i think u should make a kill stories section or street racing and then make a track section and u choose wat u want to do that way everyone is happy.

Old 12-28-2006, 10:23 PM
HCF Member

Marty, I dare to disagree.

Not to argue with you – you definitely will not change your mind on a dime, but to state my take on a couple of things you touched on.

1. Teens tend not to listen to parents, and they tend to listen to peers. If many people in their group say something is stupid, they are likely to refrain from doing this – in order to not to look stupid in peers’ eyes.

2. "Don’t reply if you don’t agree" does not really cut it for me. A person posting a story is soliciting opinions, and I do not see any reason why all of those opinions should be favorable.

Just my 2 cents on the topic.

Old 12-28-2006, 10:42 PM
HCF Member

The problem with that forum is, like you said, the people that come in and say "Dont street race". We dont need to get rid of the forum. People that do street race are not going to listen to you. I have street raced before and I will continue to do it. Street racing is what started this whole import thing. Its what this whole (or at least a large majority of it) import scene is based on. Its what the movies portray, so its what the kids are going to do. The people that say "Go to the track" dont realize that not all of us have a track nearby. And im not going to drive 2 hours just to race people. And "organizing" the races takes all the fun out of it, at least for me.

Now street racing to me is different for some people. I do not consider going 110 MPH weaving through traffic street racing. I consider it street racing when you are on a road that is clear of cars and all that stuff. Racing on busy streets is just stupid. However racing on a road with no traffic is perfectly acceptable to me. As long as you are not endangering others, its fine.

Racing at a track and all that stuff is great, however dont push your ways on other people. I dont have a track to go to, and many other people dont. And I also agree with Misha. If you are going to post about it, others should be able to say thier opinions.

Old 12-28-2006, 10:44 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Misha

2. "Don’t reply if you don’t agree" does not really cut it for me. A person posting a story is soliciting opinions, and I do not see any reason why all of those opinions should be favorable.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Old 12-29-2006, 12:06 AM
Ben

ORIGINAL: Misha

Marty, I dare to disagree.

Not to argue with you – you definitely will not change your mind on a dime, but to state my take on a couple of things you touched on.

1. Teens tend not to listen to parents, and they tend to listen to peers. If many people in their group say something is stupid, they are likely to refrain from doing this – in order to not to look stupid in peers’ eyes.

Just my 2 cents on the topic.
I don't think this thread was for opinions, but ratherMarty re-stating what he said months ago as a modabout the streetand strip section.

Old 12-29-2006, 12:10 AM
HCF Member

no. there is no rules posted about it, and theres been no behind the scenes decision made. Marty is just stating his opinion. it will be made clear if theres an official decision made.

Quick Reply: Gotta vent a little on this matter