The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Happy Day!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 03:34 PM
HCF Member
Default Happy Day!!!

So I have had my little Civic for a bit over a year now. I have been very easy with her so as not to break anything important. I have wanted to see just what she had, but the adult side of my brain kept stopping me. I had not lost my VTEC virginity. That all ended today.

I have been having some problems with gas mileage, and power issues, so I talked to the auto shop teacher at my college(who BTW is a diehard drag racer. 700HP Camaro((not my thing, but pretty)) ). He started poking around and found that my engine at idle was under 26% load, and the my MAP sensor might be on the fritz. So we adjust the idle speed and timing and recheck everything. She starts running a lot smoother. Then I say "You wanna take her for a test drive really quick?" (Bad choice of words I was to find out)

So we hop in and he is driving. He guns the engine a bit, and we are off through the parking lot of the school. I was thinking that we might drive around the campus for a minute and that would be it. He thought a nice trip up the highway would be a better idea. He redlines it from 1st through 4th. I am speechless at the sound my little baby is making. It is breathtaking. Then I look over at the speedo. 109MPH!!! I freaked!!! I had only taken her as high as 75MPH and didn't think she would make it to 100. She did. Surprised the hell out of me. We drove about five or six miles and she did great. He drove her he stole her. LOL

I now know why you all rave about redlining your cars. I did it a few times on the way home, and damn its easy to shoot right past the speed limit. Just thought you might like to laugh at my story. I don't care if you do laugh, I am happy as hell. ROFL!!!

I will post that video for Forty later this week. LOL "Scream for me baby."

Old 02-19-2007, 09:44 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Happy Day!!!

That's why I love my civic I am a down shifter I will be slowing down and slam like 6,000 rpm out of each gear.

Old 02-19-2007, 09:51 PM
HCF Member

ha sounds like mad fun!

Old 02-19-2007, 10:01 PM
HCF Member

OMG it was. Everywhere I have gone today after that I have been having a blast. I did notice that my idle got a bit weird when I was sitting in my driveway though. I don't know what it is, but after the damn rain stops I am gonna find out. And I am gonna get a better vid than the one I took today. It is really bad.

Hope I didn't break anything. LOL Oh well, if I did so what. I had fun doing it. ROFL!!!

Old 02-19-2007, 10:22 PM
HCF Member

That's one thing the harder you drive something the more work it does the faster it wears out.

Old 02-19-2007, 10:26 PM
HCF Member

True, true. I am hoping that the fact that I have been really easy on it until today means that she is not messed up. LOL

Old 02-19-2007, 11:09 PM
HCF Member

yea i have to admit, i drive my car pretty hard

Old 02-19-2007, 11:13 PM
HCF Member

NO ONE drives my car but me. especially auto shop class instructors. lol.

Old 02-19-2007, 11:15 PM
HCF Member

Hey, he knew how she liked to be touched. It was very NC-17. HOT!!!

ROFL!!!!!!!!

Old 02-19-2007, 11:17 PM
Ben

I'd pretty much brake his damn hand if he started doing stuff like that with me in the car, not that i'd be dumb enough to let someone else drive my ep but if I did i'd make him pull over so I could kick his *** on the side of the highway..

Quick Reply: Happy Day!!!