The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

he wants some...

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 08:20 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: he wants some...

I think 16 year olds should NOT be drag racing...

and I don't even want to hear it Marty

Old 02-13-2007, 08:33 AM
mxs
HCF Member

it's okay Tony, minors aren't legally allowed to make their own decisions, so we can tell them what to do

Old 02-13-2007, 08:37 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

lol

Old 02-13-2007, 09:40 AM
formerly aryiman98civic

ORIGINAL: blackmetal619

how spoiled is this kid? he just turned 16 and he has a 00 si with all these upgrades? whatever happened to kids working, and saving up these days[:@]
how do you know he didnt work for these? so you are saying if you see me driving around in my blue car with a turbo and engine swap my parents bought them for me? i actually worked for everything i have since i have been 15. i bought my first car and everything since then, i just dont see why ppl have to stereotype other ppl all the time before they know the whole situation.

Old 02-13-2007, 09:47 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: aryiman98civic

how spoiled is this kid? he just turned 16 and he has a 00 si with all these upgrades? whatever happened to kids working, and saving up these days[:@]
how do you know he didnt work for these? so you are saying if you see me driving around in my blue car with a turbo and engine swap my parents bought them for me? i actually worked for everything i have since i have been 15. i bought my first car and everything since then, i just dont see why ppl have to stereotype other ppl all the time before they know the whole situation.

It's easier to stereotype than to think of the other possibilities that's why. I know what you mean about working for it and you should be proud of your accomplishments. Shy of putting a big fugly decal on your hood saying "Yeah, I worked for this, MF ! " just grin and bear it. You know what you did.

SMOKEM

Old 02-13-2007, 09:56 AM
HCF Member

i agree with Tyler, i had a job the DAY i turnd 16 (lifeguarding from 8am-3pm 4 days a week), and with that money i got my intake and exhaust on my 99 DX wtihin a few months. I worked, and saved. The only thing i HAVENT bought my car was my rims, which i got usedfor $250 from one of my friends with rubber already on them, and my parents got them for me for my birthday. I also make car payments every month AND pay for all my gas. I dont think anyhting happened to those days of kids working and saving......(i'm ranted out for a few months nowi hate arguing/having an opinion about stuff)

but JHS I say go for. He probably lost ALOT of low end torque with the 3" piping, so you might have him off the line, and then the clutch and shoft shifter will have him through the gears, and hes a young driver and might miss a gear or something. I say go for it, and get video

Old 02-13-2007, 10:07 AM
HCF Member

You know, it's not the kids fault , per sey, it's the parents. Your parents drop anice ride on your lapand your gonna say , "Oh no, Dad, I'd rather work for that new <whatever>, please take it back" The parents are so FN busy trying to keep up, they throw the kids a bone out of guilt. I know firsthand. AndI got that hand bitten off too. Unfortunately, kids from homes where money is less of a problem, not RICH, but just working slobs, have this sense of entitlement. I want mykids to know the value of things and that only comes from EARNING it. I used to entice my kiddies with a $$$ matcing thing to get them to save and it worked mostly. The biggest thing that I see is that kids want things that are way out of their league. I blame TV and the media for that. I still tell my kids that they have champagne taste and beer budget. They compare themselves to me wrongfully. It took a long time to get where I got ( and it ain't all that anyway). I did without and busted my a$$ and I expect my kids to do the same for things that they want. I help them out BIGTIME but I have to see them making the effort first. So that's what's going on IMHO.

SMOKEM

Old 02-13-2007, 10:08 AM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: FlipHKD720

I say go for it, and get video
yeah, you can post it on Streetfire and call it "16 year old kid wrecks his Civic"

InBeforeStreetRacersAgainstStreetRacing

Old 02-13-2007, 01:28 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mxs

ORIGINAL: FlipHKD720

I say go for it, and get video
yeah, you can post it on Streetfire and call it "16 year old kid wrecks his Civic"

if the kid wants to race, let him race. If he htinks he can handle it, then let him. He's responsible enough to drive a car, he's gotta start making his his own decisions sometime right? Jhsplaya, i dont htink you should encourage or taunt him into it, but if he thinks he can handle it, let him (and i rceommend just a straight drag, not somethin on an open curvy road)

Old 02-13-2007, 03:20 PM

ORIGINAL: mxs
What is that Marnie?

Quick Reply: he wants some...