The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Help on this price/car choice

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 06:09 AM
HCF Member
Default Help on this price/car choice

Aight im looking to get rid of my sol and basicly pick up any kind of car that doesn't make me want to vomit...........

I havent had any luck finding a decent hatch or shell but I did find a 240sx that looks very cleanly/mildly modified. I know NOTHING about nissan or basicly anything outside of what I read on these foeums everyday FML, but im not looking for a go fast car, just another car that I can be happy driving around.

Here is the link:
http://cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/1597176289.html

any input on price/etc.

Thanks.

Old 03-01-2010, 06:34 AM
HCF Member

Or there is always the volvo wagon??

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/1622373642.html

lmao what a win.

Old 03-01-2010, 06:52 AM
HCF Member

WAY TOO HIGH! on the 240sx. That price will come down or someone is going to get suckered into that sale. Just kbb that at the 144xxx. You could get one with 74k original for less than that. Don't be fooled by the "rebuilt" engine line. I don't know how much all the fancy stuff in there matters to you, but I don't think that qualifies as a $2700 vehicle.

Old 03-01-2010, 07:00 AM
HCF Member

I know about rebuild bull, and I was eventually gonna blue book it but am just too lazy to do so at this point haha, Thanks though mad7's, what you think would be a decent offer to give? I can come up with cash and wold HAPPILY throw my sol in haha.

Old 03-01-2010, 07:34 AM
HCF Member

If the rust is minimal (thought I spied some around the rear wheel wells), then I'd throw out a $1500 figure. They'll counter with the "That's insulting, you no how much money I've put into this..." Yaddy yada. Tell them it's not worth $2700 and they have to come down. I'm not a 240sx fan myself, but I would go above two. Food for thought, I don't know if it snows in Pueblo, but RWD is a whole another animal when there's snow on the ground. <-----Take those turns gently

Old 03-01-2010, 07:40 AM
HCF Member

I know but winter is over.

And pueblo isnt too big on snow in the winter, know how RWD is in snow, haha horrible, but I have a bunch of other cars I can drive if it snows hard.

What you doing here? OG random posting in mt thread :P jp Thanks though man.

Old 03-01-2010, 07:50 AM
HCF Member

"What you doing here? OG random posting in mt thread "

What do you mean?

Old 03-01-2010, 07:57 AM
HCF Member

lol nothing bad, just crazy that noone else is on but a fading old school member shows up ta help me out

edit:

Just read your recent posts lol, didnt know you were still active on the site, ma badddddd,

Old 03-01-2010, 08:02 AM
HCF Member

For sure. It's my day off and I'm in the midst of cleaning my war zone of a house hold (been bachelor pad style for two weeks now) before the Mrs. gets home tonight. Have to have my breaks in between to maintain my sanity a bit. Yeah, I did resurrect a little because my POS 91 had a bad spell there for a bit. My gem hibernates out in Cali. God I miss that thing and roads WITHOUT SALT!

As for your potential purchase, I just hate to see people walk into a CL purchase and pay what the people are asking for it. It's all about negotiating on CL, the last of the free market. You obviously aren't that type though.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:11 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Nike. Good luck finding a good 240sx in CO.

Basically, things to look for are:
-stock engine?
-maintenance (obviously)
-rust around the strut towers
-rust under the car on the frame rails. S13's are notorious for the frames rusting out.
-get a godd*mned Chuki. Pignoses suck and that's all there is to it. SOHC truck motor and Nissan's ugliest front end to date. At least with a Chuki you have a good looking front bumper and two cams.

Also, check Nicoclub.com's classified section for s13's. People there don't ask retarded prices for 20 year old secretary cars. Really, unless it's a swapped engine, you shouldn't be paying more than $1500 for it unless it's in immaculate condition with extremely low mileage.

Quick Reply: Help on this price/car choice