The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

How to get out of a ticket?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 07:30 PM
Default How to get out of a ticket?

I heard from a friend of mine that there is a web site that tells you how to fight every single ticket you recieve...anyone happen to know the web site?

Old 08-26-2005, 07:45 PM
Default RE: How to get out of a ticket?

Don't know the website, but check EVERYTHING on the ticket, including the date the radar was calibrated. If there is a mistake on the ticket it is null and void, another method you can try but it not garunteed is to fight the ticket and reschedule the court date. Other than that good luck.

Old 08-26-2005, 08:11 PM

well, im trying to find out becasue i got a speeding ticket and the cop was no where around the area when i was speeding and on the ticket he didnt mark if he caught me by radar or not, he didnt even mark other.

Old 08-26-2005, 08:17 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: fixntune

...the cop was no where around the area when i was speeding...
that prolly wont fly in court

your admiting to speeding

Old 08-26-2005, 08:17 PM

Hmm that sounds like a speed trap, his buddy radared you from somewhere and he pulled you over, though he should have marked radar and his buddy's badge and calibration date, though if no radar was used, I believe that many cop cars' odometer are not calibrated properly for being a reference for speeding. the fact that he didn't mark how he caught you might be your saving grace.

Old 08-26-2005, 08:20 PM

alright, i thought i might try but, im trying to find the web site...my friend has gotton 11 speeding tickets, and gotton out of 10 of them..

Old 08-26-2005, 09:51 PM

http://www.flexyourrights.org

when the officer asks you, if you know why he pulled you over, and you admit to speeding, you admit to breaking a crime and are screwed, problay not the site but there ya go...

Old 08-27-2005, 08:02 AM
Administrator - Formerly 90Civtegra

I have the absoulte sure fire way of getting out of a speeding ticket...........

dont speed!

Old 08-27-2005, 08:12 AM

DIY ticket fighting: (my buddy is a lawyer)

1. Always fight the ticket......the cop might not show up in court, and then you'll get out of it
2. Once they give you a court date, always request to get it changed to another day........they always make the first date convenient for the cop for all his tickets issued the same day as yours. By asking for another court date, the cop may not be readily available that day because of vacation, training, other reasons. That means you'll get out of it.
3. When you do go to court, ask for the following: the model number of the radar gun, when the radar was calibrated last, has the radar gun had any repairs done to it, when was the cop trained on the use of the radar gun, all of the officer's notes from when he spoke to you at the time of giving you a ticket (a lot of times, the court will figure this is so much of a waste, that they'll dismiss the case, or the cop may not be able to produce one of the things you have requested, and you'll get out of it)
4. Change insurance companies (before the court date)........the only way the insurance company finds out about speeding tickets is if you are charged, then they inform the insurance company that you listed when you last renewed your driver's licence or licence plate sticker. (Are you gettin my drift here?) By changing insurance companies, your old insurance company will be notified, but not your new insurance company since you only need to inform the ministry of transportation when renewing something. Note: this last item is only necessary if you have multiple speeding tickets. Your insurance company allows you 1 speeding ticket, then they nail you if you get a second ticket.

Old 08-27-2005, 09:31 AM

I've been to court quite a few times and here's how I usually act when pulled over (maybe it would be useful reference for the future:

1. Shut of the engine, lower yours and passenger's windows, and place your hands on the steering wheel
2. When the cop starts talking to you, don't say anything unnecessary, like "i'm running late," because more often then not, this incriminates you
3. Always go to court. The judges have always given me a break, so even if I was even guilty, they would wave a court cost, or a few points.
4. I don't see how rescheduling your first court day will help. The cop will not be there regardless. Cops show up on the second court date if you plead "not guilty" on the first one

Quick Reply: How to get out of a ticket?