The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

I hate street racers......(rant)

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 10:30 PM
Default I hate street racers......(rant)

[rant]
So yea it's a pleasent 40ish degrees and clear out, was raining since yesterday but cleared up at around noon. So I'm getting off the freeway to head home from dinner and I'm driving on the road and I glance up in my mirror and see hid projectors flying right up at me and then flying around my left side...... Some jack *** in a (I assume) an R32 Golf I guess decieded he had to prove how he's ?faster? than me and goes flying thru traffic (almost hits two-three other vehilces) to dive infront of me and to cap it off.... he clicks on his hazards to show he beat me. Now I'm game for screwing around but I was the last person getting off the off ramp as the light changed and he was a few cars back in traffic waiting at the light, so he raced past other people to then almost hit me and others to show his boosted vw is ?faster?....... I could careless (d16y7 and a second gear issue makes me not be a street racer) but when he almost hits me just to show how he's ?faster? is when I got pist...

This act only confirms two things; the reason cops are so agressive on street racers is because of people like this guy, and the fact that I still hate most vw owners. Now I shouldn't make that statement but I swear to god every time I've had a incounter with one, they've done some form of stupid egotistical thing..... just had to vent.

[/rant]

Old 02-17-2007, 01:57 AM
Default RE: I hate street racers......(rant)

I like to give VW drivers the VDUB REPRESENTIN sign whenever they do somthing douchebaggy, or when i'm at a light next to one.. or.. just.. whenever i see one... VDUBBBBBBB ..

Old 02-17-2007, 05:51 AM
HCF Member

If you look at some peoples sigs they have racers against street racing which I firmly believe in.Its one thing if you do it in the dead of night but some people in rush hour traffic how stupid and unsafe.

Old 02-17-2007, 08:48 AM
Administrator

so youre sure that he wasnt just speeding? ill admit, i drive at very high speeds...i dont race in traffic, but ive been involved in a race or two in my day, although having the stratus as a daily driver limits those who i can actually keep up with...but on a long stretch of highway, i wont hesitate to cut it loose...ive never been in an accident, and ive never gotten a ticket for a moving violation. i feel that racing is best done on the track, but i dont know how some people drive modified cars and resist the urge to give it a go from a light, with no traffic in front of them.

police are hard on street racers because of what we see on the news...the dumbass ricers who are trying to race on crowded streets because if paul walker can do it, so can they!

while there is no "Safe street racing", the morons who cause accidents are a very small portion of that community, and its a case where a few bad apples ruin it for everyone, because those bad apples are the ones hurting people.

Old 02-17-2007, 09:34 AM
formerly aryiman98civic

ya that wasnt a street racer i dont think, i think he was just being a moron and speeding really fast.

Old 02-17-2007, 11:13 AM

Yea he was speeding, when I was doing maybe thirty and he flew by me at probably sixty and almost hit several people (including me) because of his speed and irratic driving........ And the fact that he came from the light behind me to ricer fly by past me says he was speeding.

Old 02-17-2007, 11:32 AM

ORIGINAL: aryiman98civic

ya that wasnt a street racer i dont think, i think he was just being a moron and speeding really fast.
agreed. FYI, R32 is not turbocharged and not all VW drivers are douchebags (I'm currently driving a VW). Although I must agree that most VW drivers have some kind of a superiority complex

Old 02-17-2007, 01:42 PM
Administrator

i see alot of that...people thinking that the R32 is boosted...

Old 02-17-2007, 02:15 PM
Cat Fuсker

the misconception of R32's being boosted comes from the R32 clones Aka 18.T golfs that have a K03 in there...a tiny turbo to say the least.

Old 02-17-2007, 02:38 PM
Administrator

yeah...at another forum that i wont name, i see alot of 'me versus boost vdub" and it turns out to be an R32...

Quick Reply: I hate street racers......(rant)