The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

I think i've figured it out.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 05:39 PM
HCF Member
Default I think i've figured it out.

well as some of you may remember there was a thread not too long ago, about personal stuff. well for as long as i can remember now, i have had a mojor issue with getting to sleep. if i work a day shift at 8am, and i go to bed at say 11, i am not able to get to sleep. if i do not work and go on my own schedual i am able to get to sleep at say 2-3am, and sleep till say 11am without any issues at all. this has been frequent, and upon changing my work schedual to 8-4 or 9-5 shift has been killing me. revently i have been taking Melatonin and had this ease of getting to sleep at 11pm this easliy in i don't know how long. Since i have started taking this i have been awake when i need to work in the morning, and am able to get to sleep with it within 20-30 minutes compared to the couple of hours previously. i have been doing some reasearch and am almost 100% certain that i have delayed sleep-phase disorder, or DSPD for short. everything in this article describes my sleep pattern's and body cycle to a T, describes it so well infact that it is kinda freaky lol. i'm going to a doctor at some point to get a check up, and am going to mention this to them and get their opinion on it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed...phase_syndrome

Old 01-23-2008, 05:42 PM
Cat Fuсker
Default RE: I think i've figured it out.

we all knew you were a nutcase Tim....

on another note, that sucks.

Old 01-23-2008, 05:49 PM
HCF Member

yeah the worst part Gene is that if this is what i do have, that it is treatable, but not cureable each night to get myself to sleep i have to take 6mg of Melatonin which is two caps. and i can just feel my whole body get tired after about 20minutes of taking it, then fall asleep fine. now tonight for example i am not going to take it, and go to bed when i feel like it.cause i'm off tomorrow, and i can almost guarantee that it wont be till about 2am probably.

Old 01-23-2008, 06:06 PM
Snail'n Admin

i hear the circus is hiring tim

Old 01-23-2008, 06:21 PM
Cat Fuсker

Tim,

I actually have something similar....or it could just be my old mattress, but I know that for years now I'm not able to just shut myself off...takes a few hours and than I'm beat in the morning...definitly sucks...we're getting old man, we're getting old [:@]

Old 01-23-2008, 06:24 PM

Just as an aside, have you tried exercising with weights ?

I had a similar problem, but Ive been working out (bench and weights in the basement) for the past few months, and thatshelped me to get back on track...I just work out for60 minutes 3x a week with heavy weights, and its really helped my well being in general...in terms of sleeping, concentration, energy level..., etc...

Old 01-23-2008, 06:26 PM
HCF Member

Gene i'm only 23[&o] lol. I thought it was my bed for a bit too, but once i started taking melatonin, i started sleeping a hell of a lot better, i was taking velerian root for a while, but that just helps you relax, not to fall asleep

Old 01-23-2008, 06:27 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: TheInternet

Just as an aside, have you tried exercising with weights ?

I had a similar problem, but Ive been working out (bench and weights in the basement) for the past few months, and thatshelped me to get back on track...I just work out for60 minutes 3x a week with heavy weights, and its really helped my well being in general...in terms of sleeping, concentration, energy level..., etc...
not really no, but i have been planning on exercising more. so hopefully that will help as well

Old 01-23-2008, 06:43 PM
HCF Member

i'm on the same page... i just thought i had a wacked out sleep schedule... i dont take any sleeping pills or anything because i scheduled all my classes after 2 (except on friday i have an 8-9:30 class)... but i am a night owl... i dont get tired til around 3... so that is when i go to bed everynight... i'm awake at night and that is when i write songs. i never thought it could be a condition though... hmm, yeah like last night i went to bed at 12... went to sleep at 2:30, i'm going to look into this some...

Old 01-24-2008, 06:21 AM
HCF Member

That was my dysfunctional thread . Exercise will help tire the body, so when bedtime comes along your body will be more willing to crash and fall asleep quickly. Im glad to hear the Melatonin is working...

Quick Reply: I think i've figured it out.